Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I could use some assistance troubleshooting my throttle position sensor issue. My 2007 R6 track bike and I were involved in a high speed wreck 3 years ago and I'm just now putting it back together. I got it all buttoned up and took it out for a shakedown run and noticed it bogging really bad when accelerating at a low rpm in first. Once the revs get high enough it turns on like a light switch.

So i check diag screen, no codes. I ran d01, d13, d14, d15 tests and noticed im getting bad values on d01 and d13. Also after you twist the throttle to get the open value and release it, the value goes back to the closed number as expected. However, the value then freezes and will not change if you twist the throttle again. It only appears to be an issue on these two tests.

Looking at the values below, is my next step to replace the tps sensor? If so, is it the one next to the throttle cable or on the far right side of the throttle body? I was going to do the ohm test on the tps sensor, but I had to order a low profile screwdriver to get to it. Should be here tomorrow.

D01 15-47
D13 16-54
D14 16-101
D15 17-101

Thank you in advance,
Matt

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Looking at the manual for my '08 R6S, it appears 15 is within parameter. If 47 is the high, that is almost half of where it should be.
Check your cable linkages at the throttle-body side. Also make sure that they're properly routed, not binding or seizing.
Try manually twisting the accelerator from lock-to-lock at the throttle-body to see whether your values change.

My bike doesn't have a D10 through D19 so can't offer any possible comments without additional information. It's very quick to take screen snippets and paste them into the forum message box.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the manual for my '08 R6S, it appears 15 is within parameter. If 47 is the high, that is almost half of where it should be.
Check your cable linkages at the throttle-body side. Also make sure that they're properly routed, not binding or seizing.
Try manually twisting the accelerator from lock-to-lock at the throttle-body to see whether your values change.
View attachment 375780

My bike doesn't have a D10 through D19 so can't offer any possible comments without additional information. It's very quick to take screen snippets and paste them into the forum message box.
View attachment 375781

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the throttle cables and they seem fine. When twisting the throttle the mechanism goes all the way to the stop on the throttlebody. If i manually manipulate it at the throttlebody i get the same reading of 47 for open throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts