Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this 07 r6r. Once i put the bike in first gear and go to take off it bogs like its not getting enough fuel. Once i get over 4k rpm it takes off. Im pushing the clutch and giving fuel properly. 25% of the time it will die out on take off and the other half of the time it just takes off really slow no matter how much i pull on the throttle. I was going to start with replacing the air filter and plugs. Any ideas past this?

has a full yoshi pipe and no other mods.

the guy had a power commander in it but he took it out. Does the bike go back to factory settings then?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had this same issue on my r6 coming out of first you really had to work the clutch so it wouldn't stall or be slow and bogging down till 4k. I thought I could fix it with a power commander but it didn't. So I tore into it replaced the plugs and bam problem solved.

Watch your idle if it bounces from 1.2k to 2k replace the plugs. If it doesn't do that lift the tank a little and spray brake cleaner\carb cleaner\hard start anything like that around your airbox and throttle bodies. If the idle raises then you have a vacuum leak. Check all your hoses air box stacks and throttle bodies are on nice and tight.

If its not either of those the bike is trashed garbage. I'll be a nice guy and buy it for the amount they'll give you to scrap it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in chicago. I did the throttle body clean yesterday everything was fine. I'll try the plugs. I won't be scrapping it lol I have $ to do s maintenance.ts time for all that anyways.
I had this same issue on my r6 coming out of first you really had to work the clutch so it wouldn't stall or be slow and bogging down till 4k. I thought I could fix it with a power commander but it didn't. So I tore into it replaced the plugs and bam problem solved.

Watch your idle if it bounces from 1.2k to 2k replace the plugs. If it doesn't do that lift the tank a little and spray brake cleaner\carb cleaner\hard start anything like that around your airbox and throttle bodies. If the idle raises then you have a vacuum leak. Check all your hoses air box stacks and throttle bodies are on nice and tight.

If its not either of those the bike is trashed garbage. I'll be a nice guy and buy it for the amount they'll give you to scrap it.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Turbo lag?

·
Registered
287 Posts
my bad, haha. then I REALLY suspect plugs, especially since its not running "properly" due to having a pipe on it and no tune. youre going to foul plugs a lot faster if its not running right. note the color on them when you remove them, white is lean black is rich. id look into a power commander/bazazz.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Full system. No PC.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
i would suspect with a full system, with the PC removed, it's LEAN (no restrictive cat converter). Lean enough to cause the issues he describes ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts