Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago manifold #1 wasn’t getting hot! Changed spark plugs, coils, fuel injectors, gas checked for spark (has it) put new battery in and started up fine but testing it in low rpm’s in 1st gear wants to send it back to not firing again, been told maybe a short maybe need valves adjusted maybe need to cam and or throttle sensor, at a loss with why it’s doing it. Please help

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,451 Posts
If after 5 or more minutes idling, an infared thermometer will tell you if one cylinder is not combusting fuel. The sound will also be choppy, lumpy, stumble while riding. The outside cylinders will be a different temp then the inside pair

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any symptoms? Sounds like a V-Twin Harley? Running on three cylinders? Very little torque? If there aren't any real symptoms, just ride, ride, ride.
So I took it to a friends house and started up normal but brought it home and started it a little will run fine at higher rpm’s but in low rpm’s wants to bog out, upon idling has a little hiccup. Ecu is fine have changed spark plugs but not coils as to switched them around and was still the same side not producing. Tested all the spark out of the coils all fine. New battery new injectors,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If after 5 or more minutes idling, an infared thermometer will tell you if one cylinder is not combusting fuel. The sound will also be choppy, lumpy, stumble while riding. The outside cylinders will be a different temp then the inside pair
Yes it does have a choppy sound on idling as I just replied I just those home was fine in higher rpm’s but in first and low rpm’s starts to sound like a Harley, I have two of the same year so switched the ecu to see and still the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I took it to a friends house and started up normal but brought it home and started it a little will run fine at higher rpm’s but in low rpm’s wants to bog out, upon idling has a little hiccup. Ecu is fine have changed spark plugs but not coils as to switched them around and was still the same side not producing. Tested all the spark out of the coils all fine. New battery new injectors,
Bye the way never have done a vavle adjustment, could that be something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts