Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two Brothers VALE M5 CF Highmount Installed (pics & video)

My exhaust came in today, and I managed to beat the rain and get it installed about 5 minutes before it started drizzling on my head. Total install time took about an hour, keeping in mind that I've never done this before (not that it's tough). If anyone notices any bolts/hardware out of place or something that's blatanly noobed up in my install, please let me know. :lol:

I disconnected the battery after the install, let it sit for a few and started it up and it doesn't smell lean/rich at all. My P&S's camera does a decent job of capturing the sound but it brightens it up a little bit - the actual note is a bit deeper and bassier than this video makes it seem.

Pardon the wires hanging out from my undertail - I'm waiting on a fender elminator and Clear Alternatives kit to show up and this seemed as good a time as any to dispatch of the old bracket.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq1b2dWjrUw

Pics:

I was told by the sales guy that this would retain the passenger pegs, but as you can see this is not the case. Is there any addon bracket/hanger that I can get to add the right rear peg back to this side? I rarely take passengers but it would be nice to have the option.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solid. :D Install is cake, the only bitch is getting the pipe actually bolted into the bracket that replaces the peg - it's a pretty tight fit, but I'm betting a lot of it has to do with me not knowing what the hell I was doing.

I'd love to tell you how the power/sound is at speed, but since my #[email protected]#$#@ fender elim kit from eBay isn't due until Saturday, I don't have a damn plate. Guess I'll just have to go drinking after work tomorrow instead. :cheers

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Did it come with a heal guard? Because if it did you need to get that on there because your boot sole will melt all over that pipe usually. Looks good BTW. Nice work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't, and that's one of the first things I noticed. Is there a way that I can add one, with something like a self-tapping screw? I looked on eBay but didn't find anything.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
It didn't, and that's one of the first things I noticed. Is there a way that I can add one, with something like a self-tapping screw? I looked on eBay but didn't find anything.
They have them. Not a screw though. Basically in has a mount that connects to a metal strap that straps around the pipe. You can't see the strap. They make them in carbon and stainless and crome. I will try to find one and post it up for you because the melted sole on the pipe is a bitch to get off and looks bad.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That'd be awesome, thanks man. I've been googling and searching eBay for the last few hours, but the only thing that I can find are the heel guards that attach to rearsets.

Very much appreciated.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts