Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! :) New member from Norway!

I just bought my first Yamaha R6, and i could not be happier. My first bike was a Yamaha 600R Thundercat. I feel the R6 was more than enough for me, as i also was considering 1000cc. Im glad i went with the R6. Im totally in love with this bike. :hump

My old thundercat:

Back to it, it is a 2007, low milage (or kilometers for me), good condition, but it has been dropped in previous owners garage (no big deal). It is pretty clean at the moment, only got an aftermarked windscreen and some shorty levers. Also got a Leovince SBK slipon exhaust and integrated taillight.

The first thing i will do, is buy a exup elimintor, because im getting error 17. The whole exup / servo is removed, so im just going to get the eliminator. I cant be bothered about soldering this myself.

The short list of mods so far:

- New windscreen (higher, because im 6"2)
- Exup Elimintor
- CRG arrow bar end mirror (allready ordered)
- Mirror block off plates
- Oilservice

Some pictures of my beloved R6:

More plans will come im guessing. :popcorn:

I have been lurking this forum a long time, and now i finally have my own R6, so excited guys! :toocool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks good man! keep safe!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have an 07 as well and the previous owner (I would have done it the right way) cut the exup cables when he installed an aftermarket exhaust. Regardless I do not get any check engine lights

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Well, the whole exup / servo is removed on this, and that throws a engine light because the ECU dosent get a signal from the exup / servo. Maybe you have a eliminator?

Time for a update:

I checked the chain, and decided to remove the front sprocket cover. There was a lot of roadgrime in there. Cleaned it all out. Also, i had a small oil leak. I suspected it was the oil filter, and i was right. I could turn the oil filter a whole turn before the threads grabbed it. Rode about 6 hours on sunday and no more oil leaks, very pleased it wasnt anything serious. :toocool:

Front sprocket cover wasent that bad, but around the chain there was a lot of grime

Yesterday i received my CRG Arrow bar end mirror. Faffed around a bit with it, seems like i must trim my grip a little bit? See pictures to se what i mean.

Regardless, very happy with it so far, great quality and easy to install.

I also picked up a Alpinestars leather track pants. Looks good and feel even better.

This weekend i will be doing a oil / filter change, and clean / wax the chain. :)

I trying out Plastidip for the first time. The silver side fairings are going to become black, i hope. Also want to get some gold details on the bike. Maybe gold R6 emblem on the side and looking at some Driven D3 gold grips.

Def need new windscreen, as you can see it is broken on the left hand side. Looks a bit wierd.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That makes sense because my servo is still installed, the cables are just cut. Personally I like the looks of the silver a lot but it is your bike man! Looks great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I did a oilservice and cleaned / lubed my chain. I also painted my side fairings black with plastidip. Really pleased with how it came out. I think the bike looks much better now. What do you guys think? :toocool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wondering if i should go with full exhaust soon and -1 sprocket front.

Mods wishlist:

Full Exhaust
Sprocket / chain converstion
Power commander
Speedohealer
Rearset
Gear indicator
Windscreen

Hoping i can get some trackdays done this year. I have been itching to do so for a while now. Any other recommended mods? Bike is going to mainly be used for street and the occasional track day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much going on right now. Just installed the EXUP emulator, worked out great. Installed my new flush mounts and woodcraft swingarm spools. Also i ordered some new R6 decals on ebay.

Will also be getting the Pitbull Rear stand soon.

Current modlist:

Leovince SBK Evo II slipon
Titax shorty levers
Integrated taillight
Flush mounts turnsignals
OEM Yamaha frame sliders
Woodcraft swing arm spools
Mirror block off plates
CRG arrow bar end mirror
Tail tidy
Aftermarked windscreen
EXUP emulator

Pictures will come up soon :fact

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, time for a update.

Got a few new parts on the bike. ZG Double Bubble windscreen, Renthal 15 tooth front sprocket, speedohealer, EBC HH sintered pads and new pegs.

Also, did som trackdays, loved it. Was so much fun! Even got some pictures of that.

And the bike as she sits now:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts