Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ProStunter.com
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've ridden the 2007 & found that my 2003 R6 had so much more power off the line... is the 2008 any faster than the 2007?

And please respond only if you have actually ridden both, I don't want to hear about what you read or heard... :nocontrol

·
Registered
428 Posts
08 has a slightly better lower end than the 07.. and is less twitchy when pushed.. I chose the 07 because it was better value for money in my opinion.. and I preferred the 07 design/colors..

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i could not tell a noticeable difference.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I rode my buddy's 07 before going with the 08. IMO the 08 has better bottom, though is still pretty useless. It absolutely screams on top though, bone stock. I had an 01 r6 with pretty much every part except motor work and it pulled better off the bottom, but my 08 kills it above 7.5k rpms. The 08 is not as good around town as the 07, but it seems to be a better track bike. I have only ridden the 07 on the track for 2 laps, and probably 50 times that on my 08, but I still take the 08 over the 07. But then, I have a stabilizer and my buddy's 07 doesn't, so that could be part of it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I own an 07 and my brother owns an 08. I can't tell that much of a difference. The 08 has slightly better lower end that seems a bit more smooth. Honestly, I could barely see the difference. Haven't been to the track with it, but I would be willing to bet it's a very small difference that is probably only noticable to experienced rider.

IMO it sucks that yamaha said it was "A NEW DESIGN!" "IMPROVED LOW-END!""
Yeah right-suck my balls new design. (whatever that means?)

·
Doing whooolees on my 08
133 Posts
I can't believe only 2 people responded?
Because Its a Dumb Q..The 08 and 07 are sooo similar that a PRO would barely notice the difference...The Only difference that Yamaha made is "looks" wise...

I wish Yamaha would have kept that Candy Red for 08...:(

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I wish yamaha would offer the 01 Vivid Red Cocktail color again. That was one sweet red.

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
The 08 R6 has a larger bore, and the YCC-I which helps it in the mid range area when compared to the 07.
It doesn't have a larger bore. Bore and stroke are the same as on the '06-'07. It has wider journal bearings, new valve spring alloy, new domed pistons for higher compression 13.1 vs. 12.8 to 1, revised exhaust cam to complement larger crossover tubes on the headers, and a completely remapped ECU. And you are correct about adding the YCC-I variable intake funnels. The '08 does have a noticeable torque increase between 8-12k and more top end power. Chassis is more stable and throttle response is much better.

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
The '09 will be the same as the '08.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts