Votes: 22 32.4%
  • snowbizx's Blue 50th

Votes: 46 67.6%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a little disappointed with the decal quality from yamaha. they are huge and obvious, just like they've always been - so i decided that a simple 50th anniv. scheme is a simple and easy way to make my '08 a little different than the rest. after removing the decals, i would only have to paint half of the mid fairing and 50th pattern. minimal work for a very cool look. the best part - NO DECALS! tell me which one u guys like better... thanks!

original

blue 50th

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I don't mind the 08 decal. The only year I don't like is 07 blue. Your custom scheme looks fine too. 52nd. :D

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,633 Posts
I like them both but I really like the OEM on this one.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I LOVE the yamaha strobe...something about that graphic ALWAYS wins over the other options with me. Its old school, its original, its just Fn cool!! :) #2 ahs my vote

·
Registered
917 Posts
the anni is best, you might want to take it a step further and keep the stripe going to the next panel. ya know the L fairing thats right above it? the 06 annis have that done too.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
the anni is best, you might want to take it a step further and keep the stripe going to the next panel. ya know the L fairing thats right above it? the 06 annis have that done too.
yeah i saw that but the plastics are closer on the '06. they've opened up the fairing design a little and i'm not sure how good it would look. i figured i can always paint the mid and then see if it's necessary

edit: i also think that if u extend the graphic u should extend the white, which the '06s didn't do. it keeps the scheme a little more consistent. i dunno

·
Registered
135 Posts
nice. I like the 50th. It looks similar to the euro R6.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,633 Posts
Paint it like this. FTW!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts