Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it!

Got the 2008 gel seat installed on my 2007.

Just ordered a garbage seat off ebay for the frame and had the guts taken off the 2008 seat and mounted onto the 2007 seat frame. and it works out quite nicely.

so 30 dollars for garbage seat and 50 to have the seat done at a local shop 80 dollars and I am happy!

some pics.

Jeff :D

Attachments

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
is it incredible??

How much was the gel seat?? Worth doing it??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seat was 200

is it worth doing? I think so. it looks good and feels good sitting in driveway. I will have to see how good it is on a long ride.

·
Registered
482 Posts
the seat pans dont look that much different

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let us know how the long ride goes. I was lookin at those but was not sure if it was noticeably more comfortably.

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
The '08 seat is so much more comfortable. Me and my buddy switched bikes today just to test out the difference from his 06 to my 08 and his i could not get comfortable on but I've never had that problem with my 08. So i recommend this mod to anyone that is uncomfortable and Im actually going to gtell my buddy bout this thanks.

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
The '08 seat is so much more comfortable. Me and my buddy switched bikes today just to test out the difference from his 06 to my 08 and his i could not get comfortable on but I've never had that problem with my 08. So i recommend this mod to anyone that is uncomfortable and Im actually going to gtell my buddy bout this thanks.
Are you talking about the stock seat that came with your 08, or did you upgrade to the gel seat?

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
oh mine came with the gel seat I thought that was stock, wierd...

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
oh mine came with the gel seat I thought that was stock, wierd...
Oh I see. Mine didn't. I was wondering what you meant because I to have a buddy with an 06 and the stock feel is similar. I'm glad to hear you like yoours so well. As soon as I find out if they are available in red I'm getting one.

·
iRun
33,318 Posts
two year old thread, I'm thinking you won't get an answer... but I'll say this-- Upholstery workers are magicians. They can do some cool shit. I had my stock front and rear seat restuffed (feels friggin awesome, on par with Corbin, and looks great too) for $40 total. That's unbeatable.

·
Black Dahlia
5 Posts
yea i fugured as much but worth a try. I think i may just have the whole thing redone. how do i get a hold of these people you speak of?

·
iRun
33,318 Posts
an upholstery worker? Best way would probably hit up a furniture store and ask them where they get their upholstery work done. Ask around I guess.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Really? I changed my whole tail from an 06 to an 09 and the seat feels harder.

-Ant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts