Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone is gonna make a run to the 08 GP?

I live in Oregon, and am thinking about grabbing some of the guys and making a run for it. Highway 101 / Pacific Highway / CA Highway 1 is supposedly an amazing ride.

Monterey is about 600 miles from where I'm at, I guess it'd be like a 7-10+ ride depending on traffic. If anyone here wants to meet up let me know. I'm not sure If I'll go for sure yet, but if I get enough interest, it'd be fun.

Let me know!

PS - its July 18-20th. About 80 bucks to get in, like 60 bucks to camp out by the track, and another 60 for premium parking + parade lap on laguna Seca.

Let me know!

·
2007 R6
129 Posts
Myself and my three of my buddies are going to take Highway 1 up to lthe moto gp. We live on the central coast of california. We recentley took a ride up the 1 to Big Sur and highway 1 is the best ride that I've ever been on.The twisties are sick and you have the ocean in the left. This is a must ride Highway....You should do it..

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Just curious if anyone is gonna make a run to the 08 GP?

I live in Oregon, and am thinking about grabbing some of the guys and making a run for it. Highway 101 / Pacific Highway / CA Highway 1 is supposedly an amazing ride.

Monterey is about 600 miles from where I'm at, I guess it'd be like a 7-10+ ride depending on traffic. If anyone here wants to meet up let me know. I'm not sure If I'll go for sure yet, but if I get enough interest, it'd be fun.

Let me know!

PS - its July 18-20th. About 80 bucks to get in, like 60 bucks to camp out by the track, and another 60 for premium parking + parade lap on laguna Seca.

Let me know!
I would say 10 hours is about right. THere is a lot of traffic on certain parts of highway 1.

I recently read that motorcycle parking is completely booked.
How, parking on a bike is free. at least that is how it was last year. Bikes get VIP treatment compared to the cars that show up.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
I would say 10 hours is about right. THere is a lot of traffic on certain parts of highway 1.

How, parking on a bike is free. at least that is how it was last year. Bikes get VIP treatment compared to the cars that show up.
we get it all for free:fact
sorry guys spot is filled up from johnny and Matt

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
6 of us were gonna ride up from LA but 3 of us have a mandatory company retreat to go to that weekend. Flippin sucks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so if anyone is interested in ridin with us down there, we are doing it for sure.

Also if anyone has knowledge about how parking/camping works at laguna seca give me a little info please! hah, looks kinda weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts