Discussion Starter #2
The Gallery
(in order of finish)

Unranked...

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think it's funny how they place so much emphasis on peak horsepower numbers, without adequately considering torque, the nature of the powerband, and overall weight.

Sounds like this was the closest year ever... Reading the article made me want to own ALL of those bikes. I've been messing with the RR for the last year or so, but the new R6 sounds straight devilish out on the track.

I have said this before, and will say it again: I think they should lightly mod these bikes to compare their real-world potential. Each bike across the board should be fitted with the exact same aftermarket exhaust system (Akra Race, for example), followed by a custom tune, and some braided lines & new pads. Each should also be allotted $2K to address "individual needs" (i.e. slipper clutch for the RR, a steering damper for the twitchy R6, weight loss for the heavier bikes... even free mods like the wire jumper ECU mod on the Kawi!). The result would be a much more useful and accurate comparo.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, what's up Mx?

Stand by for the sh!tstorm...

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I happened to omit the "oh look, we won again" part (in size 7 lettering) from this one...

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No idea. You have tickets already?

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
not yet, but i should be getting some in the next few weeks.
if i cant find a couch to crash on down there, ill be camping out.
unless a hotel is under 75 bucks for sat night.

me and my neighbor are going.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, that reminds me of a trip to Snowshoe a couple of winters back... When we showed up there wasn't a hotel room available within an hours drive of the mountain... So the four of us figured that we could just go out the first night and convince a couple of chicks to let us crash with them... 4 six-footers (and then some) ended up sleeping in my Jeep in -15 weather.

Moral of the story? "So good luck with that."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts