Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

U.S. 129, better known as The Tail of the Dragon, slithers its way across the North Carolina/Tennessee border like a snake finessing its way around each tooth of an upturned garden rake. The road is a magnet for the both two- and four-wheel performance vehicles, tourists, Sunday drivers, bicyclists and cops. It's also the convergence point for Yamaha enthusiasts attending the annual R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention.

This past June McCoy Motorsports once again hosted what has become an annual retreat for Yamaha enthusiasts devoted to the tuning fork company's performance-leading R1 and R6 motorcycles. It was, in fact, the sixth consecutive year for the Forum convention with approximately 200 R1 and R6 riders descending on southern Appalachia to attend.

The moto-centric event celebrates two-wheel culture via a week of riding, eating, drinking, merriment and more riding. There's also a kindred element to the convention with the entire McCoy clan attending as well as family members and friends of Forum affiliates.

More: 2008 R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention on Motorcycle.com

·
Go Tigers!
2,619 Posts
Nice write up!

"Tennessee State Troopers are adamant about upholding the law (as these citations prove), yet are incredibly lax about obeying it."

EXACTLY!:fact

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
Ok Finaly!! this is how i got on to this forum. i read an artical in 2wheeltuner about r6forum at the dragon. and i was intantly hooked. and i have asked this question a thousand times. and still no answer... what are the dates of this meet. im prolly not gonna be back from iraq for this years.. but for 09 im going to be there for sure.

·
My R6 costs me money lots
182 Posts
I loved thoe's videos, I wish I could have been their this time. I'm moving to NC in a few weeks:YEA. So I missed this years convention and are ready for the 09. So my question is; When is the info for the 09 convention going to be released about?

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
We just confirmed the dates. I'll be getting a thread up next week so everyone can reserve space / rooms and then follow up with food, payment info directly after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts