Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently bought one and the dealer told me it was an R6 R (Special Edition) but having spoken with the UK Yam dealer (after suspecting it's a US parallel import (Temp in Deg F) he said it was an R6 S and to remember that when ordering parts!

Confused; can anyone help... R or S??

·
soooooo sweet
354 Posts
the 08 in yellow with flames is the "R". Go look at the Yamaha website. The "S" has the side mounted canister exhuast. The "R" has the shorty GP style exhaust.

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the 08 in yellow with flames is the "R". Go look at the Yamaha website. The "S" has the side mounted canister exhuast. The "R" has the shorty GP style exhaust.
I've already checked that out; what I meant was the model number as per the workshop manual i.e S4,5,7, OR 8

13S4/7 - USA
13S5/8 - California

Sorry, should have explained myself a little better

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
R6R is the standard (track) version R6
R6S is the street version. High-mount exhaust, different bore+stroke, and sits a little more upright.

R6X is the R6R for 2008
R6W is the R6R for 2007
R6V is the R6R for 2006

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does your User Manual say? R6X?
Don't be such a prick!

I've read a few of your replies on here and you clearly think your a little bit special!!

Get a hair cut and stop riding the yellow bus!

If I had a user manual; do you really think I'd be asking the question??

p.s Get a neck shave

·
Registered
998 Posts
Don't be such a prick!

I've read a few of your replies on here and you clearly think your a little bit special!!

p.s Get a neck shave
Ouch! He was just trying to help. If you have a cadmium yellow with flames then it is a R. The dealer doesn't know what he is talking about because they don't offer the S version over there. I doubt they would import the S version over there either. You would need the US 08 Spec Shop manual for the regular R6.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Don't be such a prick!

p.s Get a neck shave
Dude, that's harsh, it's a "community" here man, if you can't play with the different guys and gals on here then that's your problem and no one else's.

Furthermore, the R6s, stock, is easily distinguished from the R6R. Understood, you can't tell the difference yet, but when you can you'll understand why some might be stating the obvious. If you want all the details - take your chassis number, call up a dealer and ask them to run it for you, they'll tell you what year and model your bike is. You'll find it on the frame head under the triple.

There are some easier ways to tell though:

1. R6s as stated before has a standard canister exhaust (the type that you'll see almost every other motorcycle running), the R6R from 2006-current has a gp style shorty - it's - well - short, just pokes out of the plastics near your rear sets and only runs about 15inches out and slightly up.
2. R6s has standard forks - R6R has upside down forks.
3. R6s carries the same body style as the 03/04, R6R 06-current is completely different, front to back. search a pic of the R6s from any year and compare to R6R 06-08 you'll see the difference.

Finally - I'm pretty sure, not completely, but fairly certain that there is NO R6s in celebratory cadmium yellow and black colors.

Good luck with your search, hope this helps - and try not to attack the fair denizens :popcorn:

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Don't be such a prick!

p.s Get a neck shave
You know, there wasn't a single insult in there that was good enough to provoke a come-back from me. And please don't try harder next time. Your head might explode from all the extra work. I was just trying to help. And I wasn't being a prick.

Clearly you haven't been around here for very long. There are a lot of people that wouldn't have even thought of that. Again, I was just trying to help. If what I said did not help you, or was irrelevant, then just ignore it.

·
1 fat r1
283 Posts
Don't be such a prick!

p.s Get a neck shave
if you bought a brand new bike where the heck did the manual end up or was that extra:bash

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man so sorry, I really should eat tooooooooo much hot dogs and wear fat jeans.. and kill UK troops in every skirmish!!

Dudes, take a chill pill and don't be bitter!!!

Why are yanks such wanks??

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know, there wasn't a single insult in there that was good enough to provoke a come-back from me. .
LOL, how ca you sit on you dads r6 with your mums slipperers on ****wit???

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
This thread officially deserves a DELETE. Good luck dude - hope somewhere in here you got the info you were searching for.

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
LOL, how ca you sit on you dads r6 with your mums slipperers on ****wit???
dude, quit being a bessie. he was in no way being a dick, unlike yourself. also, if you keep commenting like you are, you're going to get the good old ban hammer dropped on you.
:popcorn:

and btw, you have a R6R.

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Wait what is he talking about???? I think he has something pointy on his seat he sit on when he rides his bike! hahaha... R6D for Dong~!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am gonna sum this up real quick. What kind of retard buys a bike and does not know the exact model of it???? End of story. :toocool::usa:toocool::usa:toocool::usa:toocool::usa:toocool::usa

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.