Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my bike for a few months and noticed the front brake pressure has gone down. What could be the cause?

·
Touchdown!
1,285 Posts
Could be a host of things.

Have you squeezed it multiple times until it felt back to normal/your liking? If not, describe the feeling.

It could be air/moisture in the system. It could be attributable to the weather. Brake fluid will be have slightly differently at 90 ℉ comapred to 50 ℉. How old is the brake fluid? Do you see any leaks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had recently changed the entire fluid, bled out the system before putting the bike away. As suggested, I have pumped the lever a few times to get some pressure into it. However, I have one those after market levers which are adjustable and it now requires the highest position the get any reasonable pressure feel.

·
Touchdown!
1,285 Posts
Pressure bleed it with a compressor, take it around the block slowly, and see if it changes.

If that doesn't help, put the lever on the lowest setting, pull the brake in, put a zip tie around the level and throttle in a full braking position, and let it sit like that over night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When's the last time you cleaned the calipers? If you cleaned them make sure you grease the pistons so they move across the seals uniformly. You may just have stuck pistons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts