Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Ram it sucks that you have to sell.. What are your plans?

Also, what are your plans with the race fairings? let me know.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ram it sucks that you have to sell.. What are your plans?

Also, what are your plans with the race fairings? let me know.

Yeah, main reason I'm selling is coz of MA laws. Its really very hard to convert my salvage title back to street legal. They want me to get the insurance report of all parts damaged/stolen. Then, they want me to replace all those parts with ones and show receipts for all of them and show the VIN number for parts if they came from another bike. Then, again, its upto the inspecting State Trooper to deem it street worthy again. To get it insured again I'll have to get an appraisal of the worth of the bike and then only I can ride it on the streets again. Even parts like fairings with scratches need to be replaced, which I think is baloney :rant:

Anyways, I'm selling it as a race bike, so it will be sold with race fairings. The street fairings will be taken off and sold separately later hopefully as a set.

Buyer is from Cali, so bike will be shipped there at his expense. Its for his 14yo kid to race on. Hopefully when he gets famous someday I get to say he rode my bike :lmao.

cliff notes: selling as race bike coz cant get it street legal in Taxachussets.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Aw man.. well hopefully you get something nice..

Was hoping you would hook a brother up with the race fairings, would have picked them up with the next couple of days I have off :)

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw man.. well hopefully you get something nice..

Was hoping you would hook a brother up with the race fairings, would have picked them up with the next couple of days I have off :)

I'll start looking for another one sometime in Feb or so when its the coldest and cheapest :lmao

Sorry bro, would love to sell it to ya but the way things worked out were different. Try calling Tammy at Rockwall bodywork, I got my set there real cheap last december (lower price than even optimal). They have inventory clearance sales there this time of the year. I can pm u her number if u'd like.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Interested in a trade for a bike that can be easily made street legal. I will trade you my bike ( currently set up track only ), but has clean and clear title and I estimate that if you go for the street fighter look it can be made street legal for under $200. I would just do a straight trade. My bike comes with extras as well. You could either ebay them or use them for your needs.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interested in a trade for a bike that can be easily made street legal. I will trade you my bike ( currently set up track only ), but has clean and clear title and I estimate that if you go for the street fighter look it can be made street legal for under $200. I would just do a straight trade. My bike comes with extras as well. You could either ebay them or use them for your needs.

thanks luke, mine is spoken for for now, if things change, I'll let u know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts