Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my bike few weeks ago. already started ordering bunch of stuff for it, new avon storms front n rear, chain, sprockets, and complete carbon fiber body from crownmotousa.com. here some pics of it now....

i will post pics when I get the carbon body on...

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
subscribed where for the carbon overhaulin, although its to late for me seems how I already paid for all my stuff, lol.... who is selling the wheels, do u know screen name?

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for link, was hoping they were used with wear and around $2000, lol wishful thinking! maybe down the road but the carbon body set me back some. I have never done body work on one of these but im guessing its pretty straight forward. also sorry to be such a noob but is there a how-to on body work cause I couldnt find one.... from looks of it there is alot of hidden bolts and snap locks of this bike, just think it would be easier to put on the carbon body w/ an "EASY BUTTON" ya know... lol

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool man!, thanks for the help! see I knew there was some more hidden fasteners!!! victory is mine!

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:wave I love Carbon myself, and the guys over at Crown are good people :fact
yeah jayson zhang is a cool dude over at crown, they definitely know alot about carbon parts on alot of different bikes. I just think the r6 will look so nasty all carbon. the only thing im trying to figure out is what im gonna do about the gas tank being yellow... was thinkin of buying a carbon sheet and wrapping over the tank??

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I just got done paying for my carbon body at crown moto. Im sure I will be on here asking for help when I start putting it all together. I think its gonna be much more than a 2 beer job opposed to StockBiker's proton flushy write up. As much as I love the flushy look, I think with a $2000+ carbon body Im gonna keep the huge stock front turn signals...This is what I got...

2008 R6:
Front fender:
Nose fairing:
Air vent covers:
Gas tank cover:
Gas tank side panels:
Lower side fairing:
Mid fairings:
Uppers:
Chain guard:
Rear hugger:
Back tail:
Front tail:
Under tail:

I know I will need help, I will post pics when I get everything.... anybody near RI and wanna help me put it together? I'll buy alot of booze n grilling food :YEA

·
These are our streets
7 Posts
I was just up in RI! God Bless you guys - it took me 3 hours to get out of Warwick. 95 was shut down for 9 exits. Craziness.

·
Yutter Ugghher
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just up in RI! God Bless you guys - it took me 3 hours to get out of Warwick. 95 was shut down for 9 exits. Craziness.
dude its ridiculous..... i been helping my friends empty there flooded basements, one dude had water upto his second floor :eek5 very thankful that I am DRY! also the flood insurance companies are rejecting everyone's claims because they are saying it is not really flooding but "seepage"??? messed up man messed up! said this is the worst flooding in RI in over 100 years

1 - 14 of 14 Posts