Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shazzam!
256 Posts
I love my '08.

Things I love: If you keep the rpms over 10k, it just screams and runs like a riot. Perfectly gorgeous bike. Changing it to GP shifting took 60 seconds.

Things i don't care for: Takeoffs are a bit of a drag and if you let out the clutch too quick the valves rattle. OEM bodywork is a bitch to get off. I'm 6'2" and the pegs are just a little too far forward.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
I love my '08.

Things I love: If you keep the rpms over 10k, it just screams and runs like a riot. Perfectly gorgeous bike. Changing it to GP shifting took 60 seconds.

Things i don't care for: Takeoffs are a bit of a drag and if you let out the clutch too quick the valves rattle. OEM bodywork is a bitch to get off. I'm 6'2" and the pegs are just a little too far forward.
+1 to everything he said, except I found that the plastics came off quite easy once I figured out how.

It's a gorgeous bike, especially in black. :D

·
<3 My Yami.
447 Posts
Im 6'3 and feel fine on it, and the plastics come off in 10 min once you get the hang of them. Im glad someone else has that rattle when taking off...i think its the slipper clutch though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm loving the Raven.....How much would one of those puppies cost me???

·
Shazzam!
256 Posts
I just don't like that goofy sliding lock on the front. And how you have to bend everything to get it around the frame sliders.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Im glad someone else has that rattle when taking off...i think its the slipper clutch though.
Definitely not the slipper clutch. It comes from somewhere right under the gas tank. It's more likely to be the valves.

I just don't like that goofy sliding lock on the front. And how you have to bend everything to get it around the frame sliders.
I don't like the sliding part either, but when pieces are that small it's hard to use fasteners. Plus, it's not like you have to take it apart every time you fill up with gas, either.

I don't have to bend anything to get it around my sliders. What kind do you have?

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
I'm loving the Raven.....How much would one of those puppies cost me???
List is $9,599, but invoice is $8,233. I paid about $10,500

Dealer Invoice Report
2008 YZF-R6
List Price: $9599 Blue/White, Silver or Raven
List Price: $9799 Yellow w/flames
Dealer Invoice: $8183 Blue/White, Silver or Raven
Dealer Invoice: $8349 Yellow w/flames
Dealer invoice price includes $216 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.
Ready to sell cost: $8233 Blue/White, Silver or Raven
Ready to sell cost: $8399 Yellow w/flames
This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none at this time
Retail Incentives: none at this time
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

·
<3 My Yami.
447 Posts
Definitely not the slipper clutch. It comes from somewhere right under the gas tank. It's more likely to be the valves.
Then it might be the servo motor for the adjustable intake stacks. If the valves vibrated that much we would have some engine trouble.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Once I changed out the sprockets it helped alot with take offs, and getting a little more low end pull out of the bike, but other than that the 08 is awesome.

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
I paid $10,200 out the door... With extended warranty (5 years), and 3 services (gotta use em in 3 years). Forgot to mention, I got a Teknic jacket for free with the purchase :) The salesperson wasn't so nice to me cuz I don't think he made much comission. lmao

I didn't have a problem putting on the frame sliders either.

I don't notice the rattle when taking off at all.. sounds to me like you need to let the clutch go slower. I can ditch any other bike, other than liters and 750's :) Then again, I haven't really tried taking off against those guys yet.

longbrake_00 - i hate you! you got my exhaust, asshole.

·
Shazzam!
256 Posts

I don't like the sliding part either, but when pieces are that small it's hard to use fasteners. Plus, it's not like you have to take it apart every time you fill up with gas, either.

I don't have to bend anything to get it around my sliders. What kind do you have?
I'm using whatever no-cut sliders the dealer put on it, maybe 4 inches long or so.

I love my dealership, it's a small joint and I'm starting to go there just to hang out now.

·
<3 My Yami.
447 Posts
I can ditch any other bike, other than liters and 750's :) Then again, I haven't really tried taking off against those guys yet.

longbrake_00 - i hate you! you got my exhaust, asshole.
Raced my buddies 04 750 from a roll. He got a quick jump and it was dead even the rest of the way from the top of 2nd to top of 4th and he has exhaust and velocity stacks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts