Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the seat on the 08 r6 burden anyone else?
I havent found any new seats yet..corbin doesnt make one either...after long rides..the ole ass sure does hurt. Share your experiences haha.:moon

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i may have to have one custom made from gel or something. I already have a hard time reachin the ground, meaning i have to pretty much one foot the bike, but im used to that. I'm afraid when they do start makin seats they will be thicker so that would be real bad.
I've sat on my buddies 07 cbr600 and another friends gixxer 1000 and man i loved their seats but mine is like sitting on a brick.:moon

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
I think i may have to have one custom made from gel or something. I already have a hard time reachin the ground, meaning i have to pretty much one foot the bike, but im used to that. I'm afraid when they do start makin seats they will be thicker so that would be real bad.
I've sat on my buddies 07 cbr600 and another friends gixxer 1000 and man i loved their seats but mine is like sitting on a brick.:moon

Yamaha makes a gel seat for the 08, but if I remember correctly they are like an inch taller than stock. they run about $190.

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you buy the bike for comfort? If so, you purchased the wrong bike.
No of course not or i would have left with a cbr600rr...but when i go riding for a few hours i would like to have a little comfort..if i wanted a rough ride i wouldnt have bought a horse and rode it to brokeback mountain.:lmao

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im 5'6" and 130lbs..athletic build and can handle everyday driving with no issue, I could always lower the bike but on that note if i wanted a lowered bike i would have bought a gixxer and saved money on a helmet and bought a hat instead. I wanted a performance corner shredding machine so i bought an r6, lowering it would make my handling aweful.

·
VVVVVVRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM
221 Posts
I thought you could adjust the height on the 08 R6 without messing with the preload or lowering it? I could be wrong but I thought I read that some where.

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes the dealer said they did it and i lost about an inch front and back...i made sure they lowered front and back to the same height...It was still high as hell through because the springs were no-where close to worn in yet when i bought it. (bike came out of crate).:fact

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I bought one of the yamaha comfort seats, and it does sit about an inch higher, but when I am out riding for several hours I am glad I have it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts