Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone over in UK able to get their hands on the 08 pass. plugs yet???? If so I need a pair. Figured it will be a few months before the "No pad" seat cowls arrive so i will start early looking for pass. plugs.

PM me if you can get them. I have paypal.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
At the R1/R6 convention this year I talked with Lawz Cawz, who make frame plug/covers, about making some passenger plug covers. They said they would work on building them and get back with me about when they will be available. I will get ahold of them and ask them where they are with them.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
That would be great.. I am in for a set of Raven ones when they start selling them.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Anyone over in UK able to get their hands on the 08 pass. plugs yet???? If so I need a pair. Figured it will be a few months before the "No pad" seat cowls arrive so i will start early looking for pass. plugs.

PM me if you can get them. I have paypal.

You have info on these? Or are you just assuming someone will make them other than the GYTR one already out..

Anyways + 1 for 08 passenger peg plugs, im down for a set if someone can get them

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Targa is supposed to be making one. Checked on a google search and found same question on another forum and a Targa rep did come on and say they will offer it. Will have to look for the site again. but they said no earlier than august is when they come out with new stuff. BUT ANY HELP WITH THE PLUGS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! They don't even have to color match. I have some paint left over from doing my rear fender hole fill in.

·
It's all fubar
144 Posts
:lmao no problem, hopefully I can help find something out about them.

update .. no reply from Mr Yamaha yet. We're away for the weekend at my sister-in-law's so if I don't hear from them tomorrow then I'll try and go in on Monday so I can see them to ask in person.

·
It's all fubar
144 Posts
.. well, I had no reply to my email so I went in to see the dealer. He looked in his official Yamaha accessories book and couldn't find them listed. He looked on his microfiche and couldn't see them there either so he called up Yamaha UK whilst I was there and the guy he spoke to didn't know the answer so he said he'd look into it and call me back. Will update again when he calls me.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
.. well, I had no reply to my email so I went in to see the dealer. He looked in his official Yamaha accessories book and couldn't find them listed. He looked on his microfiche and couldn't see them there either so he called up Yamaha UK whilst I was there and the guy he spoke to didn't know the answer so he said he'd look into it and call me back. Will update again when he calls me.
I spoke to sme1 the other month and they said that it will only be out late september.. maybe things have changed, i dont know.!?! I need a set for myself also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work at a body shop, and we were thinking of a way to cover the holes with something that could be easy to remove and not damage the tail plastic. No one is making the plugs in the USA because there is not enough demand for them. We came up with an idea that looks good and is almost invisible. We contacted our local decal maker and he gave us a roll of 4 inch wide decal materal. We shaped a piece of plastic to fit flush inside the hole and silcone it in. Then we cut the decal to fit over the hole and over lap 3/16 ince all the way around the edge. Then our painter dept painted it to an exact color match. After sticking the decal over the peg whole you have a hard time seeing where it was. If i want to reinstall the pegs, it would be easy and little or no cost for the materials is lost. We are also going to design a LED flush mount blinker for the hole and see how that looks to match the LED tail light. Photos to come soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.