Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put an infrared temp gun on my headers. Should all 4 header pipes be near the same temp? If not what would be an exceptable variance? I was told my bike sounds like Im only running on 3 cylinders. So I started with the spark plugs. My temp prior to changing the plugs, one pipe was about 70 degrees cooler. I change plugs and now I have a different pipe with a lower temp.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the diag test on the injectors and they came out fine. Is there another way to check that?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
I did the diag test on the injectors and they came out fine. Is there another way to check that?
if you determine which cyl is running way colder than the others from not firing, move that lower injector (brown in color in the throttle bodies) to another cylinder. See if the issue follows the injector. If you do find you have an injector issue, send em to us www.proflowtech.com

Your inner headers (2) will quickly become a bit hotter than the outer headers, due to the fact they are being heated by headers on either side. So.. be sure to aim the temp gun at exactly the same spots on the headers, and your 2 inners should be the same, and the 2 outers should be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts