Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 R6S - Just looking into getting something to prevent against the slappers and realized that its pretty hard to find steering stabilizers/dampers for bikes with 2 tank bolts like mine. Ive seen the scotts performance one but its sold out everywhere and honestly i dont like the gold color. Are there no others that fit 2 tank bolts or maybe come with the compatible mount? Im fine with either kind i just cant find any for the 2 bolt.

·
Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
53 Posts
Have you looked into Hyperpro? I bought the RSC version and installed it under my triple tree attached to the front forks since I already had a ram mount on my upper triple tree for my cell phone. It’s clean and I feel no side-to-side vibration at all during hard acceleration and going bad roads. Make sure you check your front chassis for issues leading up to the slapper. See pics attached when I installed it last year. Hyperpro makes many mounting options, not sure about the R6S. You may have to contact them for more information.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exhaust Automotive design
Revolver Automotive exhaust Office supplies Motor vehicle Trigger

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,465 Posts
The 2nd gen R6 is so stable, if you are experiencing tank slappers you probably have something else goin on with suspension settings, tire pressures or riding technique.
Watch this linked vid from one of the best suspension gurus in the country. Notice the one thing he does NOT mention. Steering dampers.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts