Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Vmax ate my R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some 08 R6s forks and trees to replace the ones on my 05 after I laid it down and bent the forks. Anyone knows why these won't fit? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got some 08 R6s forks and trees to replace the ones on my 05 after I laid it down and bent the forks. Anyone knows why these won't fit? Thanks!
The 2005 R6 has a different front end than the 03-04 and 06-09 R6S. I believe the 08 R6S forks you purchased are traditional forks, while the 05's are inverted.

EDIT: Didn't see that you bought the triple trees as well. How exactly are they not fitting?

·
My Vmax ate my R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2005 R6 has a different front end than the 03-04 and 06-09 R6S. I believe the 08 R6S forks you purchased are traditional forks, while the 05's are inverted.

EDIT: Didn't see that you bought the triple trees as well. How exactly are they not fitting?
The bars won't go back on. The castle nut on top of the upper tree is too big for my bars to fit back on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You will need to switch everything (upper & lower triple, clip-ons, front calipers, etc).
You essentially are switching the complete front assembly.
If you have a 05, then I would find a good replacement set of forks off Ebay. The 05 forks are an upgrade to the 03-04 (and R6s) standard ones.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,241 Posts
The bars won't go back on. The castle nut on top of the upper tree is too big for my bars to fit back on.
Pictures, because this statement makes no sense. To begin with, you would need the bars from the R6S because it has 43mm clip ons, and the 05 had 50mm forks.

·
My Vmax ate my R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will need to switch everything (upper & lower triple, clip-ons, front calipers, etc).
You essentially are switching the complete front assembly.
If you have a 05, then I would find a good replacement set of forks off Ebay. The 05 forks are an upgrade to the 03-04 (and R6s) standard ones.
Pictures, because this statement makes no sense. To begin with, you would need the bars from the R6S because it has 43mm clip ons, and the 05 had 50mm forks.
I'm just going to go find some 05 forks if they are better anyways. Thanks for the advice all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts