1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Sport Rider had the same shootout, and the R6 came in 1st in most categories. It all depends on which magazine you read.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Good thing i bought the 07!!!!!
This is my first bike and im really happy with it! I got used to the clutch, so thats a non issue now and the low end power sucks but I only notice it if im going 5mph or less...other then that the thing flys! Im pretty comfy on it and the thing about not good for shorties...well thats BS cause you dont ride with your feet trying to touch the ground..when on the bike its comfortable.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
It find it strange that Sport Rider had almost the exact opposite rankings?

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
This was talked about already... http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66755

but my favorite line is... "wailing through the faster corners is where the R6 is in its element, with the motor wrung out in triple digits and the intake howling like some psychotic demon between your legs. " - motorcycle-usa.com

·
Registered
767 Posts
Good thing i bought the 07!!!!!
This is my first bike and im really happy with it! I got used to the clutch, so thats a non issue now and the low end power sucks but I only notice it if im going 5mph or less...other then that the thing flys!
Good thing i read sportrider instead!! :lmao

I love my 06, which also placed first in SR's 600 shootout back in it's heyday, but it still got awful rankings for street duty. I got it anyways though :D

And I don't think they're complaining about 0-5mph when they complain about low end power, either, i think you're slipping the clutch at those speeds no matter what you're riding. I mention the weak midrange to people when bsing about bikes, but also have to point out the useless fact that mine can do 70 in 1st gear :fact

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
are they the ones that gave yamaha a bad feedback cause it was more of a track ready bike?:nono dumbasses

·
soooooo sweet
354 Posts
being a mainly track bike now-a-days is kind of a hinderance b/c from what i was reading they are talking about how fast the market is growing and what you have to realize is that MOST new buyers dont do track days at all or very VERY rarely. Most people, especially around here, just buy em to have em. So I think they may just be saying that being most of the new bikes will spend MOST all of thier time on the street the R6 is not the best overall choice for solely a street bike. That being said, LOVE MINE and anybody can find something on anybike they dont like so....

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I mention the weak midrange to people when bsing about bikes, but also have to point out the useless fact that mine can do 70 in 1st gear :fact
run it a little harder bro. I got 81 in 1st

·
Registered
767 Posts
run it a little harder bro. I got 81 in 1st
thx :D i've never actually ran it up that high, good to know i can brag a little harder now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts