Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im setting my 08 r6 up for the track but im kinda stumped on how to wire the ignition wires. i already cut them and i know when i connect the red and brown wires it turns the bike on but it wont start the engine. i dont know how to wire the other 3 wires to get the bike started :/ please reply if anyone has any idea or jus pm me.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
I can't remember the colors but 4 wires on the left. Twist the 2 small ones together and run the 2 big ones to your switch. Everyone I know left the right side starter switch the way it is. If you have a European or Canadian bike with the imobilizer idk bout that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't remember the colors but 4 wires on the left. Twist the 2 small ones together and run the 2 big ones to your switch. Everyone I know left the right side starter switch the way it is. If you have a European or Canadian bike with the imobilizer idk bout that.
alright ill try that thanks

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
Im thinking you need a 12v constant and switched to send signal to starter. You got one of them working

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys I figured it out. I jus grounded the 2 smaller wires to the battery and it wored fine :YEA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts