Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2009 Clutch Cover install muthaf^&&^%^&%*^%*^%^%

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  THE MUFFIN MAN 
#1 ·
what is the damn secret to getting this cover back on correctly? I have done several on my R1's 02-05-09, but for the life of me I cant get my R6 cover back on properly. theres too much slack, or its too tight and the arm won't turn at all. the pin is lined up, but its killin me. I've been at it for two hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
with the cover on, turn the actuator arm to the right (like the cable was pulling it a bit). the dot on the actuator arm and the dot or arrow on the clutch cover should line up. If not, you will have too much slack or not enough (depending which way it needs to go to have those things line up).

with practice, you will be able to pull the cover away from the engine just enough, to be able to turn the arm and get it lined up. I think some actually remove the circlip at the bottom of the arm and slide it down, then push it back up into the cover in the right location, then replace the circlip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.