Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get to ride like I used to an I'm just getting irritated looking at it collect dust everyday. I'm also trying to pay for my wife to attend an LVN program.

I did crash it in 2010, there is still visible damage but the bike runs and rides fine.

22,000 miles
$6k
Has 2012 R1 front fairing and headlights.
Power Commander V
FMF Apex slip ons, titanium with carbon tips.
ASV C5 Blue levers
Custom LED taillight with integrated turn signals.
Hot bodies flush mount front signals.
Ballistic lithium battery.
Dunlop Q2 race compound 120/70 & 190/60 takeoffs in good shape.
Airbox mod
New clutch
Graves Smog block off plates.

More pics to come.

Sent from my R1

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
Looks like it hasn't been ran in a while. How can it ru fine if there is a huge hole on the tank, does it still fire up like that? I don't know man, that's a lot of damage there. You might have to compromise on the asking price.

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is actually sealed. It has been like that since the week after I crashed in may of 2010. I rode it daily to work through the canyons everyday there wasn't snow or ice. I have put 14,000 miles on it since the tank was damaged. It starts up flawlessly and runs the same.

But thanks for your ignorant assumptions. Take them elsewhere because they are not welcome here. If you had the common decency to ask a normal question instead of being arrogant, this may have been a pleasant conversation.

To everyone else, don't assume I am desperate for your money, I have no desire to deal with arrogance or ignorance. It is not a show bike but it is one hell of a deal, but I'll be happy to remove the option of buying it if all people want to do is cause drama.

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
It is actually sealed. It has been like that since the week after I crashed in may of 2010. I rode it daily to work through the canyons everyday there wasn't snow or ice. I have put 14,000 miles on it since the tank was damaged. It starts up flawlessly and runs the same.

But thanks for your ignorant assumptions. Take them elsewhere because they are not welcome here. If you had the common decency to ask a normal question instead of being arrogant, this may have been a pleasant conversation.

To everyone else, don't assume I am desperate for your money, I have no desire to deal with arrogance or ignorance. It is not a show bike but it is one hell of a deal, but I'll be happy to remove the option of buying it if all people want to do is cause drama.
Hey man, no need to get all defensive about anything. It just so happens that I have 2 guys looking for an R1 and one of them is desperate to get a fixer upper, he feels that he will learn more about the bike if he gets a chance to work on it. I wasn't pricing your stuff and I certainly never insulted it. I made an obvious statement bc it looks like it has a hole from the picture. All I said was that you would probably have to compromise a little on the asking price. I got my R6 2 years ago for 5k, and it's an 08 with, it only had 4k miles on it and nothing wrong at all. Like I said, Im not trying to price your stuff but that was a good deal for me back then.
Im happy to hear however that it does work properly and that you do ride it after the accident. I understand it's an R1 and not an R6, but as we both know, after dropping such a delicate piece of machinery, there might be other things that don't meet the eye that could be wrong with it.
Im sorry you got offended, Im fairly new here and just trying to make friends and not enemies. I guess ones interpretation of another ones' statement depends on their own mindset regarding the topic. I guess your interpretation of my comment was just a reflection of what you feel about your bike.
Good luck with the sale and I really hope you get what you want for it, again, I wasn't trying to be offensive, so Im sorry and I hope you feel better.

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the explanation. I just don't have tolerance for certain things and I misinterpreted your reply.

The bike runs perfectly. Frame was inspected and many mechanics have been on it after regular maintenance and no one had a complaint. It's a beast of a bike. My price is based on what I'm watching these bikes sell for in my area.

Thanks for the interest and if your friends are in my area, they are welcome to chase my taillights to see how it rides. No test rides until I have cash in hand ;) nothing personal, unless you are a certified mechanic or trusted friend, no free rides. Lol

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
I appreciate the explanation. I just don't have tolerance for certain things and I misinterpreted your reply.

The bike runs perfectly. Frame was inspected and many mechanics have been on it after regular maintenance and no one had a complaint. It's a beast of a bike. My price is based on what I'm watching these bikes sell for in my area.

Thanks for the interest and if your friends are in my area, they are welcome to chase my taillights to see how it rides. No test rides until I have cash in hand ;) nothing personal, unless you are a certified mechanic or trusted friend, no free rides. Lol
I hear you and I agree with the whole letting people ride thing. Reminds me of that guy "Mayhem" from the Allstate commercial. Anyway, one of them is an Infantry instructor for the Marine Corp in 29 Palms, not sure how far that is from you, but the other one is a BP agent a little bit further out in Nogales Arizona. I sent them the link off the forum so they can check it out. I will let you know if anything.

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tomorrow is the last day to look at the bike. Taking it to Merced for a sale (unless I crash on the way there) on Wednesday!

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buyer ended up in the ER before we could meet. It's still for sale.

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A guy from Boise, ID is looking into shipping it to him. I'll let ya know what estimate he pulls up.

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replied. Thanks for looking guys.

·
My R1 Gets Me Off
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump

·
My R1 Gets Me Off