Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i remove this huge crap? i want to cut off the back section that covers the original plate holder bolts.

any how to/pics on removing battery and that tray?

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I just drilled big enough holes in the plastic tray so I can get to the plate holder bolts easier. Sometimes I wonder what the Yamaha engineers were thinking designing the R6. Working on the 6 is not that easy compared to some other bikes out there, aka gixxers, lol.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just drilled big enough holes in the plastic tray so I can get to the plate holder bolts easier. Sometimes I wonder what the Yamaha engineers were thinking designing the R6. Working on the 6 is not that easy compared to some other bikes out there, aka gixxers, lol.
:werd

·
Registered
282 Posts
You need to take a whole lot of crap apart. I don't remember exactly how, but you need to take off all of the plastics from the gas tank back, the passenger seat lock bar, and the aluminum bar under the drivers seat. Pay close attention when you're taking the trunk lock bar out. It can be a little tricky to get back together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
HA goodluck with that bro!! When I did my FE I just pulled and twisted it out of the way. You think that's bad, try removing an airbox off a ninja 250 lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts