Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 R6 and I have been having issues with the bike starting up properly and idle on warm. Some friends with experience working on bikes have already suggested that I need to replace the fuel pump however a new fuel pump for my bike is about $500 .... any thoughts on getting a used one with low mileage on it or should I go new? My bike has 46k miles on it and no major issues with the engine except I had the mechanic tell me that the valves were going to need be replaced for next major mileage. Any knowledge and wisdom would help, thanks fellow riders!

:confused::confused::confused:

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
I have a 2009 R6 and I have been having issues with the bike starting up properly and idle on warm. Some friends with experience working on bikes have already suggested that I need to replace the fuel pump however a new fuel pump for my bike is about $500 .... any thoughts on getting a used one with low mileage on it or should I go new? My bike has 46k miles on it and no major issues with the engine except I had the mechanic tell me that the valves were going to need be replaced for next major mileage. Any knowledge and wisdom would help, thanks fellow riders!

:confused::confused::confused:
Go for used as they're ~$150.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts