Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I have to sell my 2009 R6. I'll be moving abroad for work and can't take it with me.

Its a 2009 model with white/red graphics; its got just over 7k miles, but I will have to double check that one as I don't have the exact number off the top of my head. I bought it last year with intentions of slowly turning it into a dedicated track bike. That being said, I ended up going over seas for the better part of my ownership so the bike has really only seen light track use from time to time when I visit.

Last November, I did go down at Chuckwalla. front end tucked on crash mountain, end of day. Not much to report other than running out of talent on some cold tires. The bike sustained minimal damage, with the sliders taking the brunt of the impact.

Being a bit anal about the bike, I purchased a full set of fairings from another user on this site. Very pristine set aside from one or two pieces being cracked from shipping damage. You can see the damage in some of the photos. i have not replaced the damaged panels yet, but will include the full set with the sale of the bike.

The bike is tastefully moded. I am more concerned with ergonomics than I am with power mods though. it comes with:
Vortex rearsets
Stainless steel brake lines
Woodcraft adj. Clipons
GB Racing Engine case/stator sliders/covers
ASV shorty levers
zero gravity clear race windscreen

The bike when i purchased it came with a fox carbon slip-on (if memory serves correct) unfortunately the can has some road rash, but it does work fine.

Back in July i had the bike fully serviced, all fluids changed with top of the line fluids. i also went ahead and had the bike safety wired. On top of that I changed out the tires for some new Q3's. I only have one track day on them so PLENTY of life left in them. The bike runs great. Just turn the key and go. Perfect for someone that is interested in track/street dual use.

I know some might hawk at the asking price, but I feel this to be pretty fair for southern california. i know extra's don't really amount for much in resale, but i did just dump so about 2k in extras in the bike; so i am chewing a good amount of money :nono

Title in hand, registration good until June next year. looking for a good home! send inquires to : [email protected]

Thanks for viewing!

photo album here : http://x.co/5TBTX

more photos : http://x.co/5TBTX

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If this doesn't sell and things are looking better for me in a month, I'll buy it. Hopefully I found out at the end of the this week what the status is and maybe I'll be able to buy it. A bunch of ifs for now though. She's a beauty for sure man!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jonnie, keep in touch. I am sourcing a new slip on and the rear metal bracket, so once I get those (if it doesnt sell before then) I will throw on new panels and should look as good as new!

Also, will try to update with some more pics too

Cheers,
-B

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I assume there is no update and you have yet to sell this beauty? :/ Unfortunately I have yet to hear from my lawyers as to whether or not this lady has insurance coverage! I'm super bummed out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, bike is still for sale. I haven't tried to aggressively pimp it out as I am in Sydney for another couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Still no word from my lawyers. I'm doing a trackday this month, so it's setting me back another $150+ that I should be putting towards a credit card bill, but it's also my birthday 5 days after the trackday so it's a nice present to myself. Hopefully a new bike will be in the picture for the beginning of 2015! We shall see.

In the meantime, good luck with the sell!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts