Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have literally scoured forums and the internet abroad to find out how to do this. There are a couple good posts out there but not one specific to my bike. I am having trouble getting the front bolt off the dogbone because the catalytic converter is right in the way and its a long bolt.
Countless times on forums Ive seen people just go on the 09 oh you just unbolt and rebolt them on takes 5 min. but its not that simple. My shop was going to charge me 1.5 hours of labor which really isnt that bad just to get it done but I really want to do it myself.
With that I know 1.5 hours wouldnt cover all the fairings taken off and the entire exhaust system off just to access that bolt. Theres got to be something im missing here

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had to remove my entire headers (with the cat) to get my lowering links out of there (I was un-lowering the bike). There's no other way.

There are plenty of how-to's to remove your stock headers. It's really simple, just a few bolts. The lowering links are self-explanatory once you get to them.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Loosen up the muffler bolts at the frame (NOT the header bolts), stand on the muffler with your foot and have your buddy pull the bolt out. Thats what I did. Put them back in from the other side. YOu just have to move the muffler down enough out of the way to get it loose. Also, you'll need to loosen or remove the slip on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts