Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, all!
New to the forum, so forgive me asking a question with zero posts, but I'm desperate. I've spent days searching forums and Google, etc, but can't find anyone with my same problem.

I have only 3K miles on my bike, and never had this problem until after installing the PCV. Check out the video and listen for the sound it makes at the very end of the clip.

Since I'm new to the forum, I'm not sure if it will let me embed youtube. I'll try, but if not, the link to the video is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPprhdwCZ7k

So, that's my bike, and it does that about 1 in 5 times I try to start it. It almost sounds like the bike isn't getting any fuel during ignition. I'm wondering if I have a defective PCV, or if the fuel line got pinched when I put the tank back down (but if that's the case, I'd assume it wouldn't ever start).
I've currently got an email in at Dynojet to see if they can help me diagnose it, too.

Thoughts?

Oh, battery was tested this afternoon and is solid.
Thanks, all!

The OP in this thread (found after I posted this one) sounds like he MIGHT be talking about the same issue I'm having:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100389
The problem here is that he mentions he disconnected the battery and his problem went away. Not mine. I tried disconnecting my battery this afternoon and it has happened since then.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I don't know about the noise but it's common for a slower start after a pc install. Dynojet even says it's normal I seen. On top of that the 3rd gens were harder to start even without a pcv. Yamaha even put out a press release about it and said it's normal.

Disconnecting the battery does not reset computers. That's something that hasn't even worked on cars in almost 20 years

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the noise but it's common for a slower start after a pc install. Dynojet even says it's normal I seen. On top of that the 3rd gens were harder to start even without a pcv. Yamaha even put out a press release about it and said it's normal.

Disconnecting the battery does not reset computers. That's something that hasn't even worked on cars in almost 20 years
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I've noticed my '09 is slower to start than some others, and have read that it's "normal". When it happens, however, it doesn't start at all, as opposed to starting more slowly.

I spent about 30 minutes this afternoon with a tech from DynoJet on the phone. We debugged for a while, including updating firmware on the PCV, and I lifted the tank to double-check that I wasn't kinking or partially blocking the fuel line. Everything seemed OK, but I guess we'll see. When I had the tech on the phone, I couldn't once get it to fail. All together, I bet I started it 50 times this afternoon without a single failure.

For now, I'm going to assume the firmware update on the PCV fixed my problem. I really don't think it did, but since I wasn't able to reproduce it...
I'll report my findings here, later, if I continue to have problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts