Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2009 R6s. i just picked it up yesterday and rode the bike around all day. When I got home I went inside and then an hour later came out to start the bike up. The neutral light wouldnt come on and the bike wouldnt try to start. I grounded the neutral switch and now the bike cranks. It eventually started but when I would let the clutch out even in neutral the bike would die. I then bridged the wires in the clutch switch and the bike ran perfectly. I started it and stopped it and then put it into gear and it rode like nothing was wrong. Then I turned it off and went inside to get my gear and when I came back out the bike wouldnt start again. The starter tries but the bike doest fire up. I disconnected the bridged wires on the clutch switch and put them back on the correct location but now that switch doesnt seem to do anything. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Im kind og SOL on this. I ordered a new neutral switch and clutch switch but im wondering if bridging the clutch switch wires messed something up.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Starting circuit cut-off relay consists of two relays and some diodes. Provided no one messed-over it and all the fuses are good, this can be eliminated or confirmed as a factor with a couple of well placed needles, jumper wire(s) and a volt meter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Starting circuit cut-off relay consists of two relays and some diodes. Provided no one messed-over it and all the fuses are good, this can be eliminated or confirmed as a factor with a couple of well placed needles, jumper wire(s) and a volt meter.
Ok sweet and what exactly should I be looking for on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts