Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Price drop! 2009 Red/White R6 $6500 Reno, NV

quick edit: price drop before it gets traded in to the dealer!!! want a deal on an 09?? $6500 - no less..you handle pick up/shipping!!

I just bought this bike on the 24th of September...I just realized I should've bought an R1. I don't see the point of owning 2 R6's. I wrecked my 06 and probably got too anxious to get back on without actually weighing out all my options. Going to keep the 06 and sell this one to get an R1. My loss, your gain. This bike is mint, and is currently under the break in period.

History:
Initial break in is done - changed the oil at 25 miles and used 10/40 petroleum. Didn't go by yamaha's book standard break in because i don't personally believe in it. at 25 miles the oil was already black, and that's not riding hard at all!! if i waited for 500 miles as stated in the book, i'm sure sludge would've came out. Currently has 350miles on it and am in the process of doing the 2nd oil change. No synthetic oil until i'm confident that the seals have properly worn in (maybe around 5k and 8k). I've never stayed at a constant rpm and have never redlined the bike - which i believe, is the proper way to break in a new motor. babying the bike won't hurt it, but i believe it does hinder it's performance...
(note that this is just an opinion, you may have different opinions but please keep it to a minimum because this is not a discussion thread, the point i'm trying to make by stating all that, is for a potential buyer to know what the bike has been through) thanks!

Title:
Clean and clear! BUT, i still haven't received it in the mail because that's how new this bike is! not even a month old!

Price:
If you're planning to low ball me, go for it, but i'm pretty firm on the price up to a point..but i'll definitely consider real offers because i want this thing sold!

...if i can't sell it, then i'll just hang on to it...i'm not hurtin for cash - i can buy an R1 right now if i wanted, but i'd rather not be flat broke and own three bikes...

this is a great deal if you're looking for something fresh...

Michael's reno sells their 09's for $9000 Out The Door, which is close to what i paid for (8500) which in this area isn't bad...not sure about the OTD prices in different states but i think this is a pretty fair price...i understand that i won't get all my money back but i'd like to come as close as possible..wouldn't you??

I'll be posting higher quality pics but there really isn't much to see because like i stated - the bike is brand new! have all the paperwork!

this was the bike right outside of the dealer, and you can see that it was hauled home not ridden like most people would do...

willing to ship but my price doesn't include shipping...willing to meet halfway if you're somewhere in cali, oregon, or other surrounding states...

775 762 9737 txt, call, or pm

thanks guys!!

Attachments

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
I'll pay you monthly for this one :)

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Pm replied. Check it. I can pick up if deal goes through. Call or text me asap

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,254 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested myself if it was closer and I knew what my ins payment is gonna be for my wreck.

Please bear in mind GuamBomb, if the bike has less than 7500 miles on it, you won't be able to register it in CA.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested myself if it was closer and I knew what my ins payment is gonna be for my wreck.

Please bear in mind GuamBomb, if the bike has less than 7500 miles on it, you won't be able to register it in CA.
Ya I know. I won't have problem getn the miles up. I have my bike for only 5 months and put in 10,xxx miles :)

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,254 Posts
Ya I know. I won't have problem getn the miles up. I have my bike for only 5 months and put in 10,xxx miles :)
:toocool: Cool, just make sure you work it out w/ the seller so you can get it registered.

And I'm jealous BTW:*tongue

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,254 Posts
if a bike has less than 7.5k miles you cant register it in ca? o_O whys that? just curious.
It's an emissions thing. You cannot bring a 49 state vehicle into CA and register it unless it has more than 7500 miles. This prevents people from going to AZ or NV and buying a new vehicle that doesn't meet CA emissions and bringing it back into CA to register it. The 7500 miles is used to allow someone who moves to CA from another state to register their existing vehicles that they bring. It also makes it so interstate commerce isn't prohibited, outright, which would be against federal law.

If you try to register it with less than 7500 and find this out. You might figure that you can go for a trip and put on the remaining miles, right? But no. The vehicle will now be flagged in the DMV system and you won't be able to get it registered in CA.......EVER!

It's total BS, but it is what it is. I dealt with buying and selling bikes for years out there. Ther are a bunch of hoops that you have to know about to work their system w/o getting SCREWWED!:toocool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
i bought passenger pegs from this seller and paid already, 3 weeks ago and have not gotten tracking or the package..does not respond to my pm...horrible seller, disputing through paypal already.

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
Ppl buy cars off eBay motors all the time and get them registered in CA after smog checking them. There must be a loophole or they're all over 7500 miles? Just seems like a strange rule- tho Im not surprised. CA does have strict em standards...

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
you still would've had to pay sales tax & registration when u register the bike at the dmv... in cali that's about $1K...

WTF.. I just paid 8700 otd.. maybe I should of picked this one up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's an emissions thing. You cannot bring a 49 state vehicle into CA and register it unless it has more than 7500 miles. This prevents people from going to AZ or NV and buying a new vehicle that doesn't meet CA emissions and bringing it back into CA to register it. The 7500 miles is used to allow someone who moves to CA from another state to register their existing vehicles that they bring. It also makes it so interstate commerce isn't prohibited, outright, which would be against federal law.

If you try to register it with less than 7500 and find this out. You might figure that you can go for a trip and put on the remaining miles, right? But no. The vehicle will now be flagged in the DMV system and you won't be able to get it registered in CA.......EVER!

It's total BS, but it is what it is. I dealt with buying and selling bikes for years out there. Ther are a bunch of hoops that you have to know about to work their system w/o getting SCREWWED!:toocool:
i would just buy a used cluster gauge with the right amount of miles register and call it a day:toocool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts