Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
picked up this 2009 R6 with under 900 miles on it for $2800. the tank was totally pancaked, every bit of plastic destroyed, headlights gone, fairing stay, handle bar on the right side, throttle tube, master cylinder ect....somehow, everything important emerged without a single scratch.

So, I got all the parts ordered, and started in on getting the wiring harness put back together.

MY PROBLEM: I get everything connected right, and the the bike wont turn, and by that I mean it acts like the starter button might as well be plugged into a loaf of bread. The speedo seems to be working fine but is constantly changing between 22 and 23 where the engine temp is normally displayed. So, am I missing something crucial?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
"Old Slow Guy"
40 Posts
I'm not real familiar with these Yamaha's yet, but that looks real similar to a plug that goes to the spark control module (ICU) on my 86 FZX700, but I realize other than the yamaha name on the bike, there's not much else they would have in common. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are a genius sir, that solved the problem. The bike turns now but still won't start. When you turn the key the fuel pump sounds like it's priming just fine but when it's stops you can hear a big rush of fuel somewhere in the tank. Any ideas? Fuel pump maybe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.