Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2010 Yamaha r6 that had been stolen and returned. Owner just wanted out of it as it didn’t have a fairing kit so looks rough without it.

I have had a great deal of issues getting this bike to run. Currently it’s throwing a code 46 apon turning the key on the dash. Codes in the computer as follows D61:19-22-23-30-41-59-60-70. Computer won’t allow any codes to be cleared.

So far I have replaced the ignition switch as it had been broken during the theft. I also replaced the killswitch as it was not functioning properly. Starter relay and starter cutoff relay both replaced as their faults prevented the bike from turning over. The bike now turns over.

Still no power sent to fuel pump at this time. Testing fuel pump with separate power source and it works. My guess is it’s codes 19,30, and 41 preventing the pump from receiving power to prime. It started with starting fluid bike will now run and sounds good.

I started working my way down the list of issues trying to figure out what I need to fix to get this bike running again. Here is the list of what I have tried so far.

Code 19: kickstand switch or various other things from my research. Ran diag on the dash. Kickstand switch was set to “on”However I cannot get the switch to go to “off”. My understanding is if the stand is down the switch will go to off and if clutch lever is hit in this position it will be switched to on again. I also read where there could be an issue with the smaller wires coming from the ignition switch. Inspection shows nothing out of the norm with the wires visually. Not sure how to test with voltmeter as several different forums have different ways to test this. Last possible cause I found was bad connection inside the ignition switch itself. Cleaned with electrical connections cleaner as a precaution.

Code 22 and 23 I have yet to check as they don’t hinder function of the bike indicated in the service manual. Plan to correct these issues at a later date once the bike can start and idle on its own.

Code 30 & 41 - lean sensor.
Removed lean sensor and inspected. Pivot was very loose. Added a little super glue then reinstalled pivot to keep it a little bit snugger. (Didn’t glue to place just added some to the hole then let dry). Reinstalled and verified operation in diag mode. It was reading correctly for being in a normal state.

Tried to clear the codes at this point. For some reason the codes will not clear. Tested the killswitch wires at the ecu to verify the killswitch was sending signal all the way back there and it was. So I’m baffled as to why the codes won’t clear.

Code 46 on dash.
Started with looking at the connector for the voltage regulator. No burning marks so cleaned it and applied dielectric grease.

Codes 59-60-70 I can’t find any information on in my service manual.

Code 59 and 60 on the internet shows a lot of talk about tps. Went into diag and checked. Closed and wide open are both within spec.

Code 70 on the internet comes from a 2013 model. It’s a code the bike shut down after idle for 20 mins.

I’m starting to think it’s an ecu problem. With how pricey this part is to replace I kinda wanted to double check everything. Is there any other tests I can try?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
There are trouble codes and there are diag tests.

One of the diag tests merely provides a count of the stored trouble codes. What is that number?

The next diag test, memory serving, loops through the stored trouble codes. That's where you can flip the kill switch to clear them. If sensors are unplugged, such as the air intake temperature sensor, the corresponding code may not clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diag 62 reads 9 stored codes.
I have tried flipping the switch in diag 61 that loops through the errors and diag 62 that shows the current amount of codes stored. Neither worked to clear the codes sadly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts