Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My bike kinda sputters and seems to missfire or something weird on low rpm at all guears, also at low throtle input at all guears (10-15%), (mainting speed or cruising behind cars it´s getting hard) you can hear it on the exhaust also, that´s it doesnt sound right (mods are exhaust and filter - no tune - was runing FINE)

RPM above 4k runs fine, or under 4k but with throttle inputs over 20% she will run fine, this is very weird,

Bike was running fine .. spark plugs have been changed, oil and filter cleaned, TPS and APS sensors checked (both within spec). no error codes ,i checked diag.

Do you guys have any ideia? worth to test coil specs? since it´s noticable on lower rpm´s? but the increase in temp (riding) doens´t seem to get it worse, i suppose coils would get worse the hotter they get ?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I have a prior generation bike (different engine, engine management system) but when mine was exhibiting that same behavior it was running lean. One tell-tale was, the colder the engine was, the worse it would miss. Also took longer to start after crank began on a cold engine. Got progressively worse over time and was particularly bad in the Fall/Winter.

I've had a coil go bad but never multiple at the same time. The way I was able to distinguish a bad coil was to gap-test all of them. One would fire at a fraction of the gap that the others did, regardless of which cylinder's wire harness it was attached to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a prior generation bike (different engine, engine management system) but when mine was exhibiting that same behavior it was running lean. One tell-tale was, the colder the engine was, the worse it would miss. Also took longer to start after crank began on a cold engine. Got progressively worse over time and was particularly bad in the Fall/Winter.

I've had a coil go bad but never multiple at the same time. The way I was able to distinguish a bad coil was to gap-test all of them. One would fire at a fraction of the gap that the others did, regardless of which cylinder's wire harness it was attached to.
Thanks for you reply,

The bike has the mods for about 35k km, idk how many miles, but 20k+, could it start running lean now, out of nowhere?

Could coils cause the symptom i say ? i got no ideia, was a wild guess from reading forums and people having low rpm sputting/sluggish all under 4k rpm and being either TPS/coils but idk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts