Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Not sure if you saw some of the other threads but they're planning the overhaul for the 2012 version...

I do like the red color though

·
Premium Member
17,958 Posts
I feel they make the fender that way so it's easier to make track -street... Other sport bikes it's a pain to remove the stock fender, on my old ZX6r(2007) I had to remove the whole tail, on the 6, 4 screws.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The only problem with the 3rd gen's looking so damn awesome is trying to follow that up with an even better design. Good luck to the designer's.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'd say factory projectors, mirrors with built in turn signals, and rear turn signals built into the bodywork and call it good.

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
Why is Yamaha the only company that won't provide a stock dampener. 10K for a bike and they make you buy stuff as soon as you get it.:thumbdown
Do any of you people realise what a goddamn damper is?

It's a BANDAID fix for an inherent handling problem. You don't want one, but sadly with the nature of most motorcycles you will need to fit one.

Astoundingly, Yamaha have produced a bike that is well and truly ridable (fast) without a damper, due to excellent OEM suspension and good geometry.

****, if you're upset that the R6 ships without a damper maybe you should just stick to putting giant ohlins stickers all over your bike, paint your rear spring rattle can yellow and insisting that burgress installed your ohlins internals.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
501 Posts

It's a BANDAID fix for an inherent handling problem. You don't want one, but sadly with the nature of most motorcycles you will need to fit one.

Astoundingly, Yamaha have produced a bike that is well and truly ridable (fast) without a damper, due to excellent OEM suspension and good geometry.

****, if you're upset that the R6 ships without a damper maybe you should just stick to putting giant ohlins stickers all over your bike, paint your rear spring rattle can yellow and insisting that burgress installed your ohlins internals.
LOL!!! Maybe. However I have been in situations where it would have been helpful even on the Yami. Ran across some broken concrete coming across a bridge once and it shook the front hard enough for me to scream in my helmet. Hung out with Josh Herrin and his mechanics at VIR a few weeks back and he had one on his bike. I guess I should have ask him why he needed it on a Yamaha with flawless geometry and all. Not one for stickers myself but I do love that rattle can yellow.

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
I run a damper on my racebike, but I only fitted it after I was totally unable to fix the handling issues with any amount of suspension work. The point I'm making is that the people who are banging on about how it should have one factory are mistaken, it handles just as good, if not better, than the other 600's out of the box without a damper.

How many gixxers in race trim do you see with the oem damper?

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
501 Posts
I run a damper on my racebike.

:dunce:

The point I'm making is that the people who are banging on about how it should have one factory are mistaken, it handles just as good, if not better, than the other 600's out of the box without a damper.

Agreed, however there are still times/conditions where I feel I would be better with one as opposed to without.

How many gixxers in race trim do you see with the OEM damper?

None. However I still am going to buy one and install it without the factory mount holes which means I will be drilling them out. Also, being as the bike does handle so well out of the box, an oem might just be enough of a cushion for when you need it. Just think it's a little strange that Yami goes against the grain on this, when everyone else in the world thinks they should be standard equipment whether it be race or street. FYI, you'll get no where with me using a gixxer as a bench mark.:nono:D

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,229 Posts

But imagine how good it could be WITH one MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.