1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I knew it was too good to be true..

·
^ Matt
5,011 Posts
I rarely buy the first of any new generation anything as there are almost always issues... my 01 r6 had the notorious 2nd gear skip and Yamaha refused to admit to any fault. it sucks but so long as the company stands behind their product and fix whatever issue is happening. kinda wonder why they wont tell him whats "wrong" with the bike though.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Not really a shock every bike has bugs when the new models hit.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah, but most are not the engine's popping. Not that, that is what is going on with the zx, but it is with the bmw it sounds like lately. hopefully it's just bugs, but it will be interesting if he limits of reliability are just being pushed a bit too close.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Yes I do and Kawi Corp called twice before the rep did. The latest update is that it's an ECU problem and it's complicated so Kawi has decided to fix it themselves.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
875 Posts
That sucks. Kawi seemed to be off to a pretty hot start with this one too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Im really interested in seeing where this goes. This bike has had my attention from the get go.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
If its a legit issue, Kawi will fix it :fact

If its a rumor, well...its a rumor...

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
i got a buddy that has already torn the bike and engine apart. he thinks he knows what the potential problem is... basically, there are 2 very similar parts in the engine and thinks it might be an assembly/human-error type thing in terms of mixing them up in some of the bikes. kawi wants them back to check the engines and make sure they're how they need to be assembled. just what i heard, but i find it funny that no one of the kawi board knows shit.

and someone stole and changed my mother****ing sig. wtf?!

·
Hanging in there.
197 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know there is not recall on the 2011 zx10r as of right now and no buy back, so what ever dealer was spreading that rumor it is false, K-dealer has not issued any recalls since October and it was on a Vulcan.

My guess, the dealer who said this just stated that because they arent getting any models in.
Sounds like no recall yet. Probably because no dealers are selling any and/or Kawi is buying them back before they need to. That bike looks and sounds awesome though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts