Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 r6 and had it seating in my garage for a few months. Recently started to do a tune up because it turned it on and had check engine light with a 21 on the display before turning the engine over. I looked it up and I seeing it says temp sensor. When I turn the engine over it reads "LO" on temp. After 15 mins it still says "LO". Not sure what all this means so any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It's all laid out in the service manual. You can download it from r6messagenet. The 2008 manual applies to your bike.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
sounds like 1 of 3 things. it's a bad sensor or it's unplugged or the wiring is bad. with the manual and a multimeter you can test the sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. It seems to be running a little warmer on the legs than normal. With that being out can it cause major issues? I.e. should I get it fixed before I do and riding? Obviously dont let it go but will it cause other issues if not fixed before riding around? Can it effect weither not the fan will kick on normally?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
yes it controls the fans. I wouldn't ride it. well not "it" specifically but the ecu needs to know how hot it is to turn the fans on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Cool. Thanks for the help. I'm glad you gave me info than "check the manual." I dont plan on riding it now that I know what's going on. Is it a difficult fix? I'm going to be doing some work to it. Gotta replace the plugs and air filter. So I figured while I'm at it I would do the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts