Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum , I think I have valve problem, jumped timing? Code 23: problem with atmospheric pressure sensor located in the air filter case. Code 14: faulty intake air pressure sensor hose system, a hose is detached.

So I was coming to a light and slow slowed down and my back tire locked so I put it in neutral and cruise and the bike shut off wouldn't turn on just one big click and cluster reset. Earlier before there were some little clattering noises but good thing it happened while I was close to my house so I towed the bike home. I removed the engine and checked the fly wheel it wouldn't rotate so I removed the valve head. The engine flywheel spins so my motor isn't seized. Pistons, rods where still good as well as the cylinder sleeves. I didn't have any damage at all so I was like whew. Stress reliever but when I installed my valve head back on it did the exact same thing the timing chain does feel way to tight. Help me out please thank you. I will add photos I'm ready to ride.
Auto part Automotive tire Metal Font Pattern
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Headlamp

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Vaguely recall something about a third-gen filter assembly that somehow put a screw into the intake.

Okay yeah...

·
Registered
115 Posts
New to the forum , I think I have valve problem, jumped timing? Code 23: problem with atmospheric pressure sensor located in the air filter case. Code 14: faulty intake air pressure sensor hose system, a hose is detached.

So I was coming to a light and slow slowed down and my back tire locked so I put it in neutral and cruise and the bike shut off wouldn't turn on just one big click and cluster reset. Earlier before there were some little clattering noises but good thing it happened while I was close to my house so I towed the bike home. I removed the engine and checked the fly wheel it wouldn't rotate so I removed the valve head. The engine flywheel spins so my motor isn't seized. Pistons, rods where still good as well as the cylinder sleeves. I didn't have any damage at all so I was like whew. Stress reliever but when I installed my valve head back on it did the exact same thing the timing chain does feel way to tight. Help me out please thank you. I will add photos I'm ready to ride. View attachment 377831 View attachment 377832
You want me to take a look at the timing for you bud? If I can't see the trigger and the cams, I can't tell you if she's on the money or not.

Also, you are having a fault with the pressure and the temperature sensors on the intake, right? Those the only codes?

When you say the motor is tight with the head installed, how many ft lbs does it take to spin her over by hand bud? Less than 10? A little tightness is to be expected when you are turning the cams, the crank and the chain with tension on it.

Friendly reminder, did you use plenty of assembly lube (manual calls for molybdenum disulfide)? Did you mix some molybdenum disulfide oil for the valves? Did you put assembly lube on the shims and buckets? That's a pretty critical step. Bonus points if you check your valve clearance while you're in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts