Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you want from the next iteration of the R6? There are rumors floating about that it’s going to be a MotoGP look-alike. I find this hard to believe. While that design may be some percentage more aerodynamic than the current sporty look it won’t help sales as much as a baddass looking bike.

It’s also completely true (I’ve talked to people in Yamaha) that the R6 is NOT getting a cross-plane crankshaft. The engine size just won’t support it. I’m not a mechanical engineer so I have to take their word for it. I don’t think they would shoot that idea down if it weren’t untrue.

Yamaha is going to have some serious competition from the other manufacturers. Suzuki just slashed 20 pounds (410 lb. curb weight, still heavier then the R6) off the GSXR-600 and finally added some full sized brakes. Apparently Suzuki isn’t resting on their 300,000 bikes sold laurels. Smart move. Kawasaki, I can’t tell if they’ve done anything. Fail. Honda continues to innovate with ABS, electronic steering dampers, but like Yamaha, pushed their “new” bike back a year.

I’d like to see something besides “bold new graphics.” The mean looking R1 headlights would look sick on the R6 imo.

What’s your wish list for this new bike? Updated look? New engine? Better suspension?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I thought they will implement the cross plane crank shaft on the R6 eventually, guess thats out of the picture. Maybe shaving weight by using frame like ducati.

I seriously don't know what suzuki is doing lately, hopefully they can focus on new innovation next year when they switch to 1 man team in motogp.

Kawasaki is lazy in my opinion, all they have done is throw a bunch of after market parts on to the bike and tag it with a low msrp

·
Lets RIDEEEE!!!!
506 Posts
Yea same with the cross plane C.S bit I the smallest motor they could stuff it in is like a 730cc but that would radically change the physical shape of the R"730" lol.

·
Curves....Yummy...
711 Posts
I dont know why all the hating on the latest Kawasaki 600, it is an amazing bike, probably a better bike than the r6 in stock form.

I am a huge R6 fan, and love nearly everything about it, but the other bikes are amazing too. The R6 could definitely use a steering damper as OEM equipment.

·
Doing whooolees on my 08
133 Posts
I dont know why all the hating on the latest Kawasaki 600, it is an amazing bike, probably a better bike than the r6 in stock form.

I am a huge R6 fan, and love nearly everything about it, but the other bikes are amazing too. The R6 could definitely use a steering damper as OEM equipment.
This^
He took the words right outta my mouth.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've owned Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha so I can't speak personally about Kawi but I don't usually hear good things from other people

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I know this will never happen, but i would like to see tire pressure sensors installed on bikes, just a few small numbers on your dash telling you what front/rear tire pressures were at. I just think it would be a neat idea..

And a gear indicator from the factory

·
Slick Nick
474 Posts
I know this will never happen, but i would like to see tire pressure sensors installed on bikes, just a few small numbers on your dash telling you what front/rear tire pressures were at. I just think it would be a neat idea..

^This

^ And This

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
I am a huge fan of the '06+ 06, but it could improve with OEM damper, slightly bigger brakes, slightly adjustable rear sets, and maybe increase CC's to an actual 600 lol.

I drove next to an 09 R6 and I didn hear it as deep as I could hear mine...so idk what they changed to the newer ones.

Maybe single sided swing arm?

I do like the idea of gear indicator! And a fuel level monitor!!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
It’s also completely true (I’ve talked to people in Yamaha) that the R6 is NOT getting a cross-plane crankshaft. The engine size just won’t support it. I’m not a mechanical engineer so I have to take their word for it. I don’t think they would shoot that idea down if it weren’t untrue.

Yamaha released a statement last YEAR to the public that it wouldn't be putting a cross-plane in a 600. The added weight wouldn't outweigh the benefits (no pun intended).

The mean looking R1 headlights would look sick on the R6 imo.
:wtf in 2009 everyone and their brother was bitching about how retarded the R1 headlights looked, and now all of a sudden they're "bitchin'"?

Steering dampers are band-aides for suspension issues.. The fact that the R6 doesn't need one says a lot. Besides, if they put some shitty factory one on there that just means we'd all replace it with Ohlins anyways.

steering stabilizer,under tail exhaust, and a fully tunable ECU so their would be no need for power commander, plus upgraded looks and a r1 style projectors.
See above

I am a huge fan of the '06+ 06, but it could improve with OEM damper, slightly bigger brakes, slightly adjustable rear sets, and maybe increase CC's to an actual 600 lol.

I drove next to an 09 R6 and I didn hear it as deep as I could hear mine...so idk what they changed to the newer ones.

Maybe single sided swing arm?

I do like the idea of gear indicator! And a fuel level monitor!!
You failed because of the bolded stuff. :nono

I'd like to see a 300 width rear tire.

This thread had potential to be worth reading, but based on how things are going so far, I'd say I'm done here.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
In my opinion (and I'm not a track guy so take this with a grain of salt) the R6 is one of the least comfortable 600's. it's plenty powerful for me on the streets and i ride an 05. Introducing something as easy as a gel seat stock will really help make the decision of the casual noobie riders decision much easier.

You have to remember there are unfortunately a lot of people out there who just go out and sit on the bikes at the dealership and then buy based on feel and look. Or "their friend told them gixxers are the best".

Few of the bikes sold brand new are to enthusiasts, b/c most enthusiasts know the best bike value is the one with a couple thousand miles and only a year or 2 old for half as much. It's not a car, so there's no interior damage, rarely any paint damage and usually aftermarket parts are already there and add little to resale.

I'd also add little things like a gear indicator, stabilizer, maybe better brakes?

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
In my opinion (and I'm not a track guy so take this with a grain of salt) the R6 is one of the least comfortable 600's. it's plenty powerful for me on the streets and i ride an 05. Introducing something as easy as a gel seat stock will really help make the decision of the casual noobie riders decision much easier.

I'd also add little things like a gear indicator, stabilizer, maybe better brakes?

You had me until you edited and added that shit. :nono

...unless you were just doing it to mess with me.. In that case, kudos to you. :laugh

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
You had me until you edited and added that shit. :nono

...unless you were just doing it to mess with me.. In that case, kudos to you. :laugh
i'm no expert, so you can convince me otherwise, but im unaware of a non-dampered bike that can prevent tank slappers, and was always under the assumption that the stabilizer would help/eliminate such an issue.

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
I'd like to see ABS and TC at least an option. Completely new styling would be refreshing, with the addition of all LED lighting system, including mirror or headlight turn signals (away with the hideous side signals!). The headlights should be fully functional projectors (not like the r6s) and easily converted to HIDs. I'd love to see some fore-thought put into aftermarket accessories like mounting points properly positioned for sliders, and somehow make it easier to mount gps/phone/camera/telemetry.

I liked the ideas about tire pressure monitoring and gear indicators. I also wouldnt mind seeing a thermometer added to the dash, at least as an selectable option.

·
First Gen FTW
11,444 Posts

Are you serious? Buy a 1 dollar TPG and check em yourself...

I hope this is a joke .....

1 - 20 of 144 Posts