Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a new bike due to last one being totalled and its a 2007 yamah r6 but the guy converted it to the 2012 white/black fairings with the desings on the side fairings. So my main question is will a 2012 subframe direct bolt on to a 07 model. Or will there be mods to make it work if so could you list them. Im thinking and hoping its the same bolt pattern to attatch it to the frame, then where the brakelight and rear fairigs and all that would just be 2012 configuration which im hoping for.
Thanks if i left anything out or posted this in the wrong section sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you put the 2012 body on your 2007?
I bought it like that the guy who owned it previously did that. From what i can tell the front upper stay bracket has been changed that holds the shield,
mirrors and cront fairing stuff on. to the newer version. Along with the sheild and mirrors. And the rear subframe upper and lower fairing still attached in a few places but not all places which is why i was wondering if the 2012 subframe would fit so that i could have the tail fairings mount up everywhere it should. All the side fairings appear to attach the same way the old ones did as far as i can tell. No custom holes or anything.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought it like that the guy who owned it previously did that. From what i can tell the front upper stay bracket has been changed that holds the shield,
mirrors and cront fairing stuff on. to the newer version. Along with the sheild and mirrors. And the rear subframe upper and lower fairing still attached in a few places but not all places which is why i was wondering if the 2012 subframe would fit so that i could have the tail fairings mount up everywhere it should. All the side fairings appear to attach the same way the old ones did as far as i can tell. No custom holes or anything.
Hope that helps.
You and I did the same thing it seems. My title calls my bike an 07 R6s. However, there is nothing on the bike that is "S" body styled. Not only that..it has an 08-current fairing set on it.

Im deployed now, but I never worried about the subframe. Ive honestly assumed that the title was wrong since it was listed as an R6s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.