Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my R6 is now the ONLY one with 2013 Panigale 1199 mirrors, not just in the US, but worldwide. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I even called that place that does Ducati Mirrors for R6, told him what I wanted to do, and he basically told me not to bother, and that it couldn't be done.

So, with the help of a buddy of mine, we engineered adapters, that look very natural, and not at all out of place, and mounted the mirrors, to be used as turn signals AND running lights.

I've been wanting these mirrors on my R6 for a while now, because I don't like the look of the other Duc mirrors that other people generally use.

These ones suit the R6, work VERY nicely and are sexy and aerodynamic!

What do y'all think??!!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
It looks surprisingly good. Nice work.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
well done.

·
I Need An R6 :o
71 Posts

Attachments

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
^^^ Dat avatar...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Oh, I see where you're going with this.. so since they both have integrated lights/turn signals on the front, they're obviously the same.

yes??

no.. lol smh

Allow me to point out the gaping hole in your theory.

Here, we'll apply your theory to another situation.

This is a woman, "Melissa McCarthy".
Melissa McCarthy has a face!

Now, look.. here is another woman, "Scarlet Johansen"
You guessed in. Scarlet has a face too!

So obviously (according to your theory) since these women both have faces, that would make Scarlet Johansen "Melissa McCarthy-ish"! Right?

I'm going to go ahead and say a biig nooooo.

So I trust you're able to see the gaping hole in your theory now?

Before compare that brick with a mirror on it that Suzuki puts on their bikes with a 2013 Panigale 1199 mirror, you may want to take a close look at the Panigale's mirror.. I'm sure you'll find that unlike the gixxer's mirror, The Panigale mirror shows the sleek intricate lines, the aerodynamics, and beautiful style that one would expect from an Italian made part.

The Gixxer mirror is the "Melissa McCarthy" of mirrors.

:p

No offense buddy, just having a laugh, whilst making the point that the two mirrors are nothing alike...

·
I get paid to get high
735 Posts
Oh, I see where you're going with this.. so since they both have integrated lights/turn signals on the front, they're obviously the same.

yes??

no.. lol smh

Allow me to point out the gaping hole in your theory.

Here, we'll apply your theory to another situation.

This is a woman, "Melissa McCarthy".
Melissa McCarthy has a face!

Now, look.. here is another woman, "Scarlet Johansen"
You guessed in. Scarlet has a face too!

So obviously (according to your theory) since these women both have faces, that would make Scarlet Johansen "Melissa McCarthy-ish"! Right?

I'm going to go ahead and say a biig nooooo.

So I trust you're able to see the gaping hole in your theory now?

Before compare that brick with a mirror on it that Suzuki puts on their bikes with a 2013 Panugale 1199 mirror, you may want to take a close look at the Panigale's mirror.. I'm sure you'll find that unlike the gixxer's mirror, The Panigale mirror shows the sleek intricate lines, the aerodynamics, and beautiful style that one would expect from an Italian made part.

The Gixxer mirror is the "Melissa McCarthy" of mirrors.

:p

No offense buddy, just having a laugh, whilst making the point that the two mirrors are nothing alike...

:lmao

1 - 20 of 31 Posts