Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Yamaha
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 r6, just rolled 1000 miles. but this problem has been ongoing even before this. I have no idea what the part, or its purpose is but it only happens sometimes when i shut the bike off after some riding, i haven't noticed it while the engine is running, and it can take 1 or more times of turning the key Off and turning it back to on to stop it, or i can hold my finger against it and it stops. Please tell me what the part is and what its for! Its the silver piece in the black rubber housing in front of the black box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZPP0ymiuY&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

·
Flying Finn
71 Posts
That's EXUP servo motor and it should be moving and turning a flap in your exhaust pipe. It doesn't matter if it doesn't stay put when engine is not running. Most people disable EXUP since it's main purpose is to make your bike more silent and less polluting when running on lower RPM.

·
Go fast or die slow.
182 Posts
I have a 2013 r6, just rolled 1000 miles. but this problem has been ongoing even before this. I have no idea what the part, or its purpose is but it only happens sometimes when i shut the bike off after some riding, i haven't noticed it while the engine is running, and it can take 1 or more times of turning the key Off and turning it back to on to stop it, or i can hold my finger against it and it stops. Please tell me what the part is and what its for! Its the silver piece in the black rubber housing in front of the black box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZPP0ymiuY&feature=youtu.be
This is the EXUP control unit. It's supposed to open and close a butterfly valve in your stock exhaust can. But to me it looks like the wires have been removed and you might be running a aftermarket exhaust or slip-on.

It's common for the EXUP control unit to act like yours if the wires have been removed but the box left in place to avoid that the engine light comes on.

To stop it, buy a exup removal box from graves or a other supplyer. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts