Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bikes>bitches
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post so lets see how this goes.

I have a 2013 r6 with the following modifications as far as performance is concerned:

Graves GP slip on
M4 Y pipe
MJS headers
K&N race air filter
Graves smog block off plates
PCV with auto tuner

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on if running this exhaust set up is going to cause any long term damage to my bike because its basically straight piped. But with the PCV/auto tune im not sure. thanks for any feed back is welcome just want any info you guys can offer

THANK YOU RIDE SAFE

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Your bike will be fine. The only issue is that you removed your catalytic converter but since you have the PCV, its of no concern anymore. Even without the PCV your bike would still be fine, it just wouldn't run at its optimal level as your air/fuel ratio would be off. Seems to me ya did everything correctly with the upgrades. Just make sure you got your PCV properly tuned (having the proper air/fuel ratio) and your set.

·
bikes>bitches
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your bike will be fine. The only issue is that you removed your catalytic converter but since you have the PCV, its of no concern anymore. Even without the PCV your bike would still be fine, it just wouldn't run at its optimal level as your air/fuel ratio would be off. Seems to me ya did everything correctly with the upgrades. Just make sure you got your PCV properly tuned (having the proper air/fuel ratio) and your set.
Thanks for the quick reply sadly the power commander websites have all off 15 maps for the newer r6 which i assume your already aware of lol

but yeah thanks little weight of my shoulders lol and thats why i got that auto tune hopefully it will work out the kinks and figure its self out

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
Why don't you get in touch with Ant a.k.a chiefsmokedawg (forum name). He is an absolute genius when working with ecu's. I have a 2013and he hhooked it up man. No more choppy throttle in 1st gear, he takes away ALL the restrictions of our U.S. r6's. Plus he can load your pcv map onto the ecu, so you can get rid of it.
I can go on and on about how amazing his work is, just check it out for yourself, there's a whole section devoted to it. And his website.
Just look up bauceracing, I promise you won't be disappointed. It's like having a brand new bike!

·
bikes>bitches
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don't you get in touch with Ant a.k.a chiefsmokedawg (forum name). He is an absolute genius when working with ecu's. I have a 2013and he hhooked it up man. No more choppy throttle in 1st gear, he takes away ALL the restrictions of our U.S. r6's. Plus he can load your pcv map onto the ecu, so you can get rid of it.
I can go on and on about how amazing his work is, just check it out for yourself, there's a whole section devoted to it. And his website.
Just look up bauceracing, I promise you won't be disappointed. It's like having a brand new bike!
wow sounds really nice if you could drop a link that would be awesome cause i looked at his website but couldnt find anything as far as ecu flashing and maps etc. thank you!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Also very interested in more info about this. Message chief but have not gotten anything in return. I have a 2012 with also exactly the same setup and heard how many great things an ecu flash can do for these bikes. Subscribed!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope by Graves GP exhaust you mean the actual muffler they sell, not just the $200 exhaust tip... Other wise, it going to be Extremely Loud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.