Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
My blood is Yamaha Red
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see if we can all get on one board and coordinate meet ups, bike nights, wrench nights, mountain rides, track days, etc.
If you are new we can set up newb days and practice in a parking lot, so don't be shy.
Frank in Stone Mountain area, work in Tucker.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Just there last week for WERA's Cycle Jam. I'll have to pass, $500 round trip in diesel was enough for me. :D

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
It's Road A, so there's always a few constants:

1) It's a blast
2) It's hot as shit, always
3) Track surface is super smooth and easy on tires!

:D

·
Shiny. Let's be bad guys.
63 Posts
I'll answer your roll call. Here's my proof I live in Atlanta...

This is what I came outside to today after work. It was hotter than Satan's balls!

I put the key in and turned her on and the temperature gauge read 106 without even starting the bike!

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
I was up at RA for cycle jam as well. It was awesome. I'm going back on July 4 with N2. Who else is going?

·
GET OVER IT
761 Posts
It's Road A, so there's always a few constants:

1) It's a blast
2) It's hot as shit, always
3) Track surface is super smooth and easy on tires!

:D
I went to RA in April with N2 for 3 days.
It was my first time there and the first two days were raining. I hadnt been at the track in a year but I got fairly comfortable on the last day. 4th July weekend will be ughh-mazing... just gotta work on my gearing issues at this track. I was in too low of a gear for like 3 or 4 turns

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
GET OVER IT
761 Posts
I'll only be there the 4th. This is my first track day so I aint gonna jump in too deep yet.
Ohhh you are gunna LOVE it. I highly suggest bringing extra clothes and food for the rest of the weekend - JUST IN CASE you decide to stay. :)
If you find yourself not enjoying it, come find me (tall blonde on a black r6 black/white alpine star leathers). Are you going with friends or alone?

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
Thanks! I'll be on the 07 R6 with a red/black tank and unpainted half armour bodies/half might-be-armour bodies bodywork haha

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
Haze748 i didnt see you. How was friday? Hope u had a blast. You missed the slip &slide at turn 5 last night.

I looked around for a tall blonde when I was signing in and when I went for tech but wasnt sure how "tall" I was looking for and didn't want to look like a weirdo askin around lol. I def had a blast tho! Which group were you riding in Friday? I took a trip through the gravel at turn 12 during the third session, but was more or less ok and did the last 2 sessions.

·
GET OVER IT
761 Posts
I looked around for a tall blonde when I was signing in and when I went for tech but wasnt sure how "tall" I was looking for and didn't want to look like a weirdo askin around lol. I def had a blast tho! Which group were you riding in Friday? I took a trip through the gravel at turn 12 during the third session, but was more or less ok and did the last 2 sessions.
Lol I was helping with registration a bit.

Did you go down or just run off?
I rode in I group. On Friday third session i crashed in turn one. Spent the rest of the day fixing her up. Then Saturday i ran off in 12.i have no idea how i kept the bike up.

We are doing NC Bike next weekend, you should go!

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
Lol I was helping with registration a bit.

Did you go down or just run off?
I rode in I group. On Friday third session i crashed in turn one. Spent the rest of the day fixing her up. Then Saturday i ran off in 12.i have no idea how i kept the bike up.

We are doing NC Bike next weekend, you should go!

I ran off then went down. Prob hit the gravel at 40-ish? then slowed down rapidly but couldn't keep it on 2 wheels. Did a cool somersault on my head and popped right up. Thought for the next couple hours that I MAY have broken a rib or three, but I'm just sore now. Still did the last two sessions after a little duct tape, re-tech and a chat with Huey at MarMo. I think I just overcooked it into 12 combined with a few other mistakes. Wanted to come back Saturday to hangout but I felt like I got hit by a truck that morning so I just stayed home lol. Workin tonight tho:thumbdown

1 - 20 of 34 Posts