Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, sold my old 2009 race r6 last year. I REALLY missed riding so just brought a 2014 R6 with 0 miles last week to ride street and track with.

Modifactions
Puig double bubble dark
Motodynamic integrated tail and flush mounts

Soon
Core brake lines/ferodo pads
Race bodywork
Vortex rearset/clipons
GB Racing case covers

Attachments

·
FL Brit
195 Posts
The best color!

·
Ride it til it breaks
2 Posts
Vortex is good but they're a little too soft the gsxr used to chew through them each race I started using renthal I get a few more races out of them. And what are your thoughts on running 15/43 for sprockets ?

·
Do you even lean bro?
164 Posts
Nice.

I fell in love with the white/blue immediately....then rode it home last season.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice.

I fell in love with the white/blue immediately....then rode it home last season.
Me too lol. I really want to PC the wheels blue and that'll complete the bike.

Vortex is good but they're a little too soft the gsxr used to chew through them each race I started using renthal I get a few more races out of them. And what are your thoughts on running 15/43 for sprockets ?
Depends on the track....that's what I ran on my last r6 that I raced. Some track it was awesome others sucked cause I lost my top end.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So been busy running up the credit card haha....
- Ordered armour bodies race fairings
- Scored akrapovic race line full exhaust. Can isn't the prettiest but I'll replace that in due time
- Vortex rear sets and ebc hh pads courtesy of ant at Bauce
- Dunlop q3
- Also had my suit finally repaired.

Attachments

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
More than likely -1 +2 like I had before. Probably gonna run vortex this time.

It's on there haha, armour bodies again.
We talked about this...:nono

So been busy running up the credit card haha....
- Ordered armour bodies race fairings
- Scored akrapovic race line full exhaust. Can isn't the prettiest but I'll replace that in due time
- Vortex rear sets and ebc hh pads courtesy of ant at Bauce
- Dunlop q3
- Also had my suit finally repaired.
:roll...I was wonder how you were paying for all this!!! Don't rack up the debt man!!

·
Do you even lean bro?
164 Posts
Jealous of the track skins....That is the future for me as well.

You sticking with the factory MC?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keeping an eye on this build ;)
haha can't wait to paint it!

Jealous of the track skins....That is the future for me as well.

You sticking with the factory MC?
For now, probably gonna run an Accossato mc later on. Still need to get ss lines and a few other bits and pieces first.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwn!!!!!!!!

When are you gonna come race again? :hammer
Haha trackday coming soon....idk about racing yet lol. Racing really took a toll on my checking account haha. Come to acs in august!

And Sprockets should be AFAM and that's it...
Vortex! I want pink sprockets lol.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haven't updated anything in awhile cause I been broke lol. But thanks to Anthony I scored a screaming deal on an ohlins damper. I have a flash on the way, goodridge Sbk lines, vortex case covers, and a few more goodies before I hit the track again soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So haven't updated this in forever. But me and my buddy Drew, same Andrew on this forum helped me installed a bunch of stuff on the bike lol. We actually switched our damper, I got his pitbull and he got my ohlins instead. Installed some braking sbk rotors, bazazz quick shifter, clipons, quick throttle, sbk rear reservoir, vortex 520 kit, bmc race filter, and new goodridge lines front and rear. Bike is going to attack racing next month for a custom tune and flash. Also, ordered a dented gas tank since I have the tendency of crashing a lot and didn't want to damage my stock tank lol.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only thing I might get next, is the eti tank sliders or my damaged spare tank and a vortex gas cap. Besides that I'm gonna start hitting the track again lol, been well over a year so my ass going back to c group haha. Next year I plan on getting ktech cartridges and rear shock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts