Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got a 2017 r6 after selling my 2001. I just put a full taylormade exhaust on the bike and one of the steps says to remove the o2 sensor, this causing the cel to come on. My question is, I have a power commander v on the way, will that solve my issue about the cel? Or should I be worried about not having the o2 sensor on the bike. The exhaust doesn’t have a hole for it to thread into. Took it for a short ride and the bike ride fine, I’m just being paranoid right now about it.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Cars typically use the upstream sensor to make adjustments to injector pulse width (fuel trim). If the bike uses it the same way, you may see mileage decrease. Worse result would be that it'd run too lean, but I doubt that would happen because in complete absence of it, the ECU defaults to a safe strategy to prevent that. In other words, don't plug it in and wire it out of sight, just to get rid of the light. The bad thing is, having that light constantly, will mask any real issue, should it arise.

I don't have any experience with the PC-V devices but flashing the ECU should be able to turn off any light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts