Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member needing help. I have a 2017 R6 that I’m turning into a track bike. The only engine modifications done so far are headers. Last week at track my instrument display stopped displaying the temperature and the fans will not come on. I have tried unhooking the battery, unplugged the display but did not fix. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the fix. Thanks

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
Fan fuse blown? With the key on, the fans are independently thermostat controlled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is picture of display after turning key on. I thought the display would show “LO” for the temperature.Here is picture of display after turning key on. I thought the display would show “LO” for the temperature.

Speedometer Light Gauge Trip computer Odometer

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
Definitely something wrong. A temp sensor issue would get the check engine light. I haven't started mine in a while, but it is -- until 109F. Does it read 109 or higher?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely something wrong. A temp sensor issue would get the check engine light. I haven't started mine in a while, but it is -- until 109F. Does it read 109 or higher?
When I start the engine and let run for a couple of minutes, the temp display will show 18 or 19 in F . I’m sure engine is hotter than what is displayed. My check engine light stays on due to the headers I installed. I plan on having ECU flashed and dyno tuned this fall. I just can’t figure out why temp display stopped working and fans not coming on. I guess I will take to local bike shop for diagnostic

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
Your first digit is not working. It only reads numbers in F at 109. As for the fans, they come on based on a temp switch in the radiator. So it can only be your fuse or the switch is bad if not coming on.

Get the obd2 adapter and check the codes, there is probably one or more masked by the o2 sensor or air injection or muffler valve not hooked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts