They added:
New Magnesium Subframe
43mm KYB Forks
4-Piston Monobloc Calipers
ABS Standard
7 Level Traction Control: 6 Modes + OFF
D-Mode: 3 Different Throttle Settingsa
Lightweight Aluminum Gas Tank
Flatter Narrow Seat ( I wonder if this helps with the inseam issue I as a short guy have)
Pre-wired for a quick shifter... Pre wired was their key word.

·
aka: Mother Goose
204 Posts
That's EXACTLY what I expected. They were very happy with their engine, specially with last years. Would be crazy to try to change the engine.
I was expecting it too. I just had a little hope that they'd give it the titanium fracture connecting rods that are in the R1 or the magnesium covers.

Oh, and add the new subframe to your list on the first post.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It is sweet. For some reason I was expecting more. Maybe that is wrong of me, I dunno. I prefer the 06-16 looks-wise, but the new one still looks good. I like the things they added, but I just expected the motor to get some updates. Odd that it didn't change, IMO. I realize the 16 motor is 'good enough' but just how things are, with vehicle updates, I figured it would get improved somehow. I'm sure it is a great bike. It doesn't make me want to ditch the 3rd-gen for it immediately, however. It will be cool to see them popping up and seeing what people think though. But I don't see myself getting one anytime soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was expecting it too. I just had a little hope that they'd give it the titanium fracture connecting rods that are in the R1 or the magnesium covers.

Oh, and add the new subframe to your list on the first post.
Thanks bro. I missed that.

It is sweet. For some reason I was expecting more. Maybe that is wrong of me, I dunno. I prefer the 06-16 looks-wise, but the new one still looks good. I like the things they added, but I just expected the motor to get some updates. Odd that it didn't change, IMO. I realize the 16 motor is 'good enough' but just how things are, with vehicle updates, I figured it would get improved somehow. I'm sure it is a great bike. It doesn't make me want to ditch the 3rd-gen for it immediately, however. It will be cool to see them popping up and seeing what people think though. But I don't see myself getting one anytime soon.
Yeah I see where you are coming from. I honestly think this is as much as you can expect from a 600cc budget. Would have been perfect for me if they added that stock quick shifter. They said pre-wired, which I am assuming means a quick shifter can easily be added but it is not currently on it.

·
IDGAF
1,748 Posts
Sticker went up $1200 bucks….to start. Justifiable, considering all the new electronic goodies. I like it, but like AH said…..not enough to rush out & buy one…..in March :grin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sticker went up $1200 bucks….to start. Justifiable, considering all the new electronic goodies. I like it, but like AH said…..not enough to rush out & buy one…..in March :grin:
My last bike (R6) was stolen from me... Seeing how I don't have a bike, this is my golden opportunity.
I want to discuss colors, but I guess it would be better to wait a little until a lot of pictures get posted. I was very excited to see white, but the greenish yellowish wheel ruins it for me. I wanted to mod it for the red/white look similar to the 09 color.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Turk, ya if I was in the market for something either way, then I still would absolutely get a 17 R6. It is still the baddest 600 out, IMO. The updates are all nice and welcomed. But for ppl who are really happy with the 3rd, it isn't something that I'd drop everything to buy (especially since I prefer the looks of the 3rd gen). But if I was in the market, I'd have one without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Man now they made me want another R6 instead of a naked. But who knows they might change the new FZ-10 by the time I am ready for a new bike and make we want that more again. I think the new R6 looks great. Anybody want a 2007? :laugh

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Fcuking shit that's exactly when I figured I'd have my savings account padded back up enough to buy a second bike..... That white/matte silver is a sexy combo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if it has a gear indicator. Not that I care, but with all these new electronics, they might have thrown it in.

·
IDGAF
1,748 Posts
Fcuking shit that's exactly when I figured I'd have my savings account padded back up enough to buy a second bike..... That white/matte silver is a sexy combo.
I could see you on that...:grin: For me it would be Black…..with a hint of….Black.

……oooorrrrr, you could just buy my '14...:grin::wink:

1 - 20 of 947 Posts