Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
All I say is 16,500.
48 Posts
Re: Steering Damper Question

compare the parts number @ https://www.ohlins.com/app/uploads/world/documents/2016/03/MI_SD020.pdf and https://www.ohlins.com/app/uploads/world/2018/02/MI_SD055.pdf

SD 055 has a higher revision for certain parts. Otherwise it all look the same to me.
That's an excellent thought. My suspicion is, the damper itself has no part number and might just be tweaked to the new stiffer front fork. Am I missing something but I don't see a definitive conclusion from these two pdfs that the damper itself is identical. I have already emailed Öhlins here in the US and to HQ as well. Still waiting for a response. Several US Öhlins ADs have confirmed that they can not order the SD055 yet. But it's readily available form European dealers (at a ridiculous EUR 660 plus all the shipping and import hassle).

·
Registered
9 Posts
The steering damper has the same part number on both

Code:
Steering damper, stroke 63 02262-10
I will be very surprised if they have different damping rates :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
also the damper itself is adjustable... that's why we have the dial on the left side. If anything we can always adjust it according to your weight/suspension setup & personal preference.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My understanding is that Ohlins makes manual (non-electronic) dampers in different MM strokes 63mm is the one I have. The graves mount requires a 68mm. So if the part number is different I assume it’s the mount that is different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you go with the DB holder front fairing stay as well?

I have a 2017 street and building a 2008 as a track bike. I'm wondering how light the DB Holder front fairing mount is. Trying to see if I should wait out and hope someone sell a 2017 front fairing stay, or just buy the DB Holder to mount the 2017 track fairings on my 2008.

I also frequent Jennings pretty often!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Did you go with the DB holder front fairing stay as well?

I have a 2017 street and building a 2008 as a track bike. I'm wondering how light the DB Holder front fairing mount is. Trying to see if I should wait out and hope someone sell a 2017 front fairing stay, or just buy the DB Holder to mount the 2017 track fairings on my 2008.

I also frequent Jennings pretty often!
No i didn't get the front. But I wish I had as a friend of mine did. It is much easier to attach the upper fairing and air intake duct to the fairing stay vs. the oem fairing stay. The DB holders rear sub frame is a nice bit lighter, but the oem only weighs a few lbs to begin with i believe. So the front is probably lighter but not by a huge amount. I am looking forward to spending time at jennings this fall (so damn hot right now).

·
Shut up Tucker
380 Posts
Hey Guys. I ordered a Fork Cartridge Kit and Rear Shock from Fast Bike Racing. I will being posting pics soon!!!
Hell yeah, let us know how it goes. That's one thing I've never done on my bike. I helped a friend rebuild his front forks on a harley so I am guessing it's close to the same!? lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Will do. I got the forks off the bike today. The pre paid shipping container will be here Tuesday for me to send them my forks. I went with fast bike inndustries because they are the North American distributor for Nitron and I wanted them to assemble my forks. I got the Nitron TVT Cartridge Kit and Nitron R3 rear shock for a super good deal! Anyways, here is some pics from today and one from last track day.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/d2e4c5b6b2db8f58384e7a189b6f6b4c?AccessKeyId=3B84F95649EAF74621C9&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Attachments

·
Touchdown!
1,288 Posts
When people change out the stock forks for Ohlins, Penske, or new valving and cartridges, what do you feel from the updated suspension that's so different from the stock forks?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
When people change out the stock forks for Ohlins, Penske, or new valving and cartridges, what do you feel from the updated suspension that's so different from the stock forks?
Feel, feedback and adjustability. Also, having the correct springs for your weight and riding style is a big jumping off point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Steering Damper Question

On the steering dampers, Having both, the only part No. different is the Triple Clamp Bracket 02270-35 (SD020) vs. 2270-39 (SD055). However I see or cannot measure any difference in the parts

21 - 40 of 48 Posts